Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said you can't go home?

I had a family reunion to go to recently. Of course, I took my Groundhog. :) I figured I wouldn't be just sitting around telling lies all day. ;)

Anyway, have I said that I just love this hobby? Also, the tricks it plays on you? Well, here's a good one. I'll try to be brief but this one has truly blown me away!

I took a stroll up around my old grammar school, (my goodness!!! the memories!!!). But, I digress.

I thought I would turn up some silver but no, not even a wheatie! Not too surprising though, this area has quite a population of MD-ers around. Still, I managed some clad and the token that I thought was just so fitting. :) The little figurine I haven't a clue about.

IMGA1571.JPG

IMGA1572.JPG

IMGA1573.JPG

IMGA1574.JPG

The REAL story is the 1951 Farthing. It's not mine. How do I know? Because I "borrowed" it from my father's collection to take to show and tell at school. MANY, many years ago!!! When it came time to show, my pocket was empty, except the hole. :(

IMGA1576.JPG IMGA1575.JPG

That's right! I recognized it immediately! The hole in it was there before.

I found the coin that was the cause of a lot of grief in my younger life, (not to mention a rather sore bottom for about a week :( )

NEVER! Not in a million years would I expect to see it again! I remember coming home after dark that night because I looked over every step of my walk to school on the way home.

How about that for a kick?

Thanks for peeking.

One just NEVER knows what they're gonna find!

HH!

Upvote 9

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story! KARMA BABY! BTW your figurine is a JURASSIC PARK MINI FIGURE AMBLIN 1997 - think they were given out in KFC Kids Meals to promote the movie.

Attachments

• jurassic park.jpg
    jurassic park.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 159

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a story! You didn't actually lose the coin, you just misplaced it for a number of years : )

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WHATIFIND, You got a good ass whoop-in for it,now it's yours,cool story man,that GroundHog is one heck of a GOOD Machine!! God Bless Chris

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and finds! I am about a hair away from asking permission to dig in my boyhood yard across town. Not sure who lives there now but it's got my curiosity. I used to bury glass, like chunks of old Fenton colored glass as if it were treasure. Don't remember if I buried anything else. I remember the cement feet of the clothes line in back said 1932, also this house was a transplanted farm house from who knows where. Forgive my rambling. Again, awesome story...a real reconnection to the past, your past. Also, I like the Chuck E. Cheese token.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHATIFIND, You got a good ass whoop-in for it,now it's yours,cool story man,that GroundHog is one heck of a GOOD Machine!! God Bless Chris

Yeah, guess I did pay my "dues" for it, just wish my dad was still around so I could give it back to him. :( Kinda makes me sad. A bittersweet find for sure.

The Groundhog IS a great machine, at least a very long lasting one. But, like me, it's seen it's day. I'm going to move to an AT-PRO soon.

No matter what machine you use though, it is much more important to learn how to get it's full value. Knowing the machine is much more important than how it works.

I've been playing with an AT-PRO for a bit now and although it has a few drawbacks, it should work for me just fine. Especially, after I get to a similar knowledge level on how to get the most from the machine.

Thanks for the response.

HH!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and finds! I am about a hair away from asking permission to dig in my boyhood yard across town. Not sure who lives there now but it's got my curiosity. I used to bury glass, like chunks of old Fenton colored glass as if it were treasure. .

I know what you mean. In the yard where I grew up, buried, somewhere, is a time capsule. I know, I put it there. I can even tell you what's in it and the container. I used one of those old, thin Olive jars. Metal lid, and 1 of each denomination. A quarter, a dime, a nickel, a penny AND 1 Silver certificate dollar bill. (I wanted whoever dug it up to be happy.)

I buried it about 12-18 inches deep. BUT, I don't remember exactly where. It's possible it might even be under the garage that was built. In any case, I have no access to it anymore but it might make someone happy, someday. :)

Thanks for the response.

HH!

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I'm a little late on responding but I remember reading this post and how much I enjoyed it and just wanted to congradulate you now that I'm a member

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this story.... Maybe it all happened for a reason... A fond memory created even if there was a sore backside.. And a hole in the coin for you to wear it around your neck and remember your dad and the times you had... Good times and bad... The coin now signifies both ;)

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's a great story.glad ya found it.what are the odds after all these years and all those other detectors.congrats.way to go

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story, congrats on finding it after so many years!

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm
Voting banner...

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For everything else there's MasterCard but this is priceless

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm a little late on responding but I remember reading this post and how much I enjoyed it and just wanted to congradulate you now that I'm a member

WOW!!! You must've REALLY had a need for a digging fix! To dig this post up from sooooooo deep!! LOL

Seriously, it is without doubt one of my most treasured memories of this hobby. Almost twilight zone-like.

Thanks for the reminder and the grats!

HH!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How cool is that? Great find and good memory!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread