Quartermaster Corps Ring

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.. Wile I don't post every little find, I thought this one worth sharing! US Army Quartermaster Corps Sterling Ring! This site has been Very good to me! Old Silver, Gold with a ruby, Oldest item dating to 1761... The pickins are getting slimmer but yesterday I managed to pluck out this ring, about 20 wheaties, 3 Indians, 2 Buffalo's, a lead seal and a 1950 dime.

It appears the ring had enamel that is gone for the most part and was very well worn. My research so far says that this insignia ended in 1921, with the eagle's head down. Could not find anything on the maker and no name in the ring...

Hope you enjoy and any further help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!!!

20130730_162934 copy.jpg20130731_104522 copy.jpg20130731_104813 copy.jpg20130731_105636 copy.jpg

Oh heck... Wile I'm here, I'll through in a few pics of some MD finds in Northern CA. Nicest Nickel Iv'e ever found and a lid from an opium tin. Found in a gold mining town, The Chines workers were paid $1.00 and a vial of opium a day. The tin held the vials. Did not spend much time MDing, Gold mining was my main purpose for the trip.

Enjoy and Happy Hunting!!!

20130616_132639 copy.jpg20130616_132932 copy.jpg20130616_133406 copy.jpg20130616_133545 copy.jpg20130616_133803 copy.jpg20130616_133821 copy.jpg

Upvote 7
That ring is a great find.. I like the nickle too.. Thanks for sharing.. Congrats.

Nice ring...awaiting further discussions about it...

Awsome Find! I am new to the site but in early June i recovered a Q.M.C sterling spoon my favorite find! i will have to post a proper introduction with pictures.

Awsome Find! I am new to the site but in early June i recovered a Q.M.C sterling spoon my favorite find! i will have to post a proper introduction with pictures.

I'd like to see them.

Great Finds!!..I love that ring...I found a Navy ring, but couldnt ever get any sorta of date from it.

And Man!..that V NIck looks get!...Did you tumble it or something to bring the shine out? IM debating doing that to a couple i have.

I would hunt that site until signals are completly gone

Great Finds!!..I love that ring...I found a Navy ring, but couldnt ever get any sorta of date from it.

And Man!..that V NIck looks get!...Did you tumble it or something to bring the shine out? IM debating doing that to a couple i have.

I would hunt that site until signals are completly gone

Thanks Diggin, Came out of the ground just like that. Under a tree in somewhat desert location. Just a soft toothbrush. A tumbler don't help if it is bad to begin with... Yeah I'm hunting it SLOW now!

^^like....can someone please tell me why I can't find where to like posts using the app???

Great finds. Really nice ring. How did you know it was a kid to a opium vial? Amazing the things you discover on here. Happy hunting !

1 casper2.jpgyour ring also has the large V for victory on it - so it could be from
Spanish american war - phillipine conflict - or WWI

I really like that ring congratulations

Great finds. Really nice ring. How did you know it was a kid to a opium vial? Amazing the things you discover on here. Happy hunting !

It is the lid to a tin that contained several small glass opium vials. I had read about them in reserching the history of the area. After finding it I met a fella in a prospecting shop that had found one also. He confirmed what I had suspected...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back