Echostatic
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2013
- Messages
- 38
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Dallas, Tx
- Primary Interest:
- Other
This was my second time going out ever. I didn't find any shark teeth or anything awesome like that, but I was pretty pleased with the results!
Looking through shale in a creek, and in the gravel washed out by recent rains, I found some nice stuff. First, three shells completely removed from the rock, and one strange piece of... Something.
That piece is strange. It is very heavy. It does not react to a magnet, and check out the other side.
It has some sort of shiny flecks of... Metal? It's very pretty.
I think I found two shells stuck to each other here.
Lots of fossilized shells here.
I'm not sure, but I think these are pieces of petrified wood.
Finally, with the light almost gone, I began to make my way out. But, I saw something peeking out from under a rock. I managed to break away the shale around it, and this gorgeous imprint popped right out!
That was a really nice way to end the day.
Looking through shale in a creek, and in the gravel washed out by recent rains, I found some nice stuff. First, three shells completely removed from the rock, and one strange piece of... Something.
That piece is strange. It is very heavy. It does not react to a magnet, and check out the other side.
It has some sort of shiny flecks of... Metal? It's very pretty.
I think I found two shells stuck to each other here.
Lots of fossilized shells here.
I'm not sure, but I think these are pieces of petrified wood.
Finally, with the light almost gone, I began to make my way out. But, I saw something peeking out from under a rock. I managed to break away the shale around it, and this gorgeous imprint popped right out!
That was a really nice way to end the day.
Upvote
8







