3 Cent Day with new machine.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to a site I hammered pretty well with another machine. This is my first real hunt with the new Garrett AT Pro. Found a lot I missed before. Pulled out my very first 2 Cent coin ever! Also found an 1888 Indian head and a Rabbit sportsman button. I also found an arrow head in one of my holes. Probably my oldest find but I have no idea how to date or even tell what or whom its from . Plus I found other odds and ends. Just cherry picked around in the iron areas to see what I could find. Next time back I will start a grid pattern. Coins and button were in the 7 to 8 inch range.

Wonderful target separation on the Garrett using the 8x11 stock coil. Running in Pro Zero with Iron disc at 26. Also one notch below maximum on sensitivity.

I'm really liking this machine!

Attachments

• finds1.jpg
    finds1.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 2cntfrnt.jpg
    2cntfrnt.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 2cntbck.jpg
    2cntbck.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IndHdFrnt.jpg
    IndHdFrnt.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 116
  • RabButFrnt.jpg
    RabButFrnt.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 116
  • RabButBck.jpg
    RabButBck.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 95
  • arrow2.jpg
    arrow2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 115
  • arrow1.jpg
    arrow1.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IndHdBck.jpg
    IndHdBck.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 10

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Ox Knob.

Where are you in Md?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bud. Love that button

OP
OP
toddsumm1

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Nice finds bud. Love that button"

Thanks! First sportsman button as well!

Mduece

Jun 14, 2014
South West NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. Been using the AT Pro myself and also love it. I'm sure you've already heard but 5x8 coil is amazing. I took the stock coil to an old parking lot tear out earlier this week to cover more ground quicker. I've almost exclusively used my 5x8 since getting the machine. Couldn't believe how much better that coil is with separating targets. Congrats on the great finds

OP
OP
toddsumm1

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. Been using the AT Pro myself and also love it. I'm sure you've already heard but 5x8 coil is amazing. I took the stock coil to an old parking lot tear out earlier this week to cover more ground quicker. I've almost exclusively used my 5x8 since getting the machine. Couldn't believe how much better that coil is with separating targets. Congrats on the great finds

Thank you. I do have the smaller coil. I did give it a whirl for awhile. Then I just scampered off into the field to do some searching. I was covering some ground for sure with the bigger coil.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty cool button, sounds like you are having fun with the pro

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice button! Congrats!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great 2 cent piece. Must have been nearly new when lost. Cool button also. I found a similar one last year. DSC_0025 rabbit button.jpg

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, separation is way better, I still find deep targets with it. I love my AT Pro.

Your finds are great, I hope I find some of those, they are on my bucket list to find

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great that you got that on video. The ATP gets a lot of attention....good and bad, but I believe it is a pretty decent machine for the money. I have hunted around CTX 3030's a couple times now, and my finds were just as good as theirs. Looks like you are on a nice old site that should produce for a few hunts.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a very capable machine there, it can hunt with the best of them. Although I never did find an arrow point with mine. All kidding aside you picked up some awesome finds, congrats. I know that you going to find some amazing stuff with the ATP.
ZDD

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds. Imagine what you'll start finding when you become "ONE" with your new machine!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Assortment Of Finds. 'As already said'

Davers

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great that you got that on video. The ATP gets a lot of attention....good and bad, but I believe it is a pretty decent machine for the money. I have hunted around CTX 3030's a couple times now, and my finds were just as good as theirs. Looks like you are on a nice old site that should produce for a few hunts.

I have a CTX, but one of the guys I hunt with has a 350 and I can see where I've found that much more than him. I'm actually impressed with the detector and wouldn't mind having one as a back up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread