πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-400.JPG
photo-399.JPG photo-398.JPG
photo-397.JPG photo-396.JPG photo-402.JPG photo-404.JPG photo-404.JPG photo-396.JPG
Dug this bad boy up this morning. We went back to the same spot that produced a penny bank and some jewelry. We collected some conglomerate and brought it back to the boat for clean up and this litte baby was totally encrusted too. Its been a good spot and appears to be an old burned out home site that is totally submerged now. Im thinking late 1800s early 1900snot sure but getting good stuff each day at low tide. Appears to be gold filled or heavy plated. Very ornate, still cleaning and checking for marks. Ill post more pics as it cleans up. photo-401.JPG us cracking and cleaning more conglomerate from this morning. Never know what you'll find !!!! photo-406.JPG cleaning up nice
photo-411.JPG
photo-409.JPG photo-408.JPG
photo-419.JPG photo-419.JPG photo-418.JPG photo-417.JPG photo-416.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 21

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are so very right. You never know what you will find. Looks like a nice score even if plated.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find and great job on the cleanup. Mel Fisher would be proud!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my, what a beauty! :thumbsup:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's always better in da Bahamas πŸ‡§πŸ‡Έ

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-413.JPG
photo-412.JPG
photo-411.JPG photo-409.JPG
photo-408.JPG
Cleaning up incredibly well !!!! Its henry everys watch !!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful old pocket watch, congratulations!

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool...total envy for the find and even more the weather.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its cleaning up nicely, and its come along way since yesterday morning. There is no doubt in my mind that it is a solid gold piece and is of very high quality. I see no hallmarks or gold stamps on this piece except for 3 flowers engaved on the bottom of the watch. If I was to guess I would say these flowers were hibiscus flowers. We'll test the gold when we get back to the states in a few months. I cant find any examples of this piece on the net in my searches yet. The age of this piece is a mystery as well.the craftsmanship is exceptional and the stem part seems to be a bit different than what ive seen on the net but im far from done with my searches. Any thoughts or expertise is welcome, so please let me know what you think.
Got to go back low tide is almost here. Many rumors here on the island about a case of gold Pocket Watches being lost here on the island in the 1800s. Hmmmm.... who knows wish me luck !!!! photo-419.JPG
photo-418.JPG
photo-416.JPG
photo-417.JPG
Im learning, only 5% of watches were solid gold, so this is heavy plate or gold filled.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its cleaning up nicely, and its come along way since yesterday morning. There is no doubt in my mind that it is a solid gold piece and is of very high quality. I see no hallmarks or gold stamps on this piece except for 3 flowers engaved on the bottom of the watch. If I was to guess I would say these flowers were hibiscus flowers. We'll test the gold when we get back to the states in a few months. I cant find any examples of this piece on the net in my searches yet. The age of this piece is a mystery as well.the craftsmanship is exceptional and the stem part seems to be a bit different than what ive seen on the net but im far from done with my searches. Any thoughts or expertise is welcome, so please let me know what you think. View attachment 1410885 View attachment 1410885
View attachment 1410887
View attachment 1410888
Got to go back low tide is almost here. Many rumors here on the island about a case of gold Pocket Watches being lost here on the island in the 1800s. Hmmmm.... who knows wish me luck !!!!
I couldn't see your pics but that would be exciting if that was a case down there......

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to edit post
From this to this in 24 hours photo-400.JPG
photo-418.JPG

Last edited:

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a beautiful pocket watch. The detail is what makes it special. You deserve much credit for the fantastic clean up job.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Blak bart,
You wrote: "Many rumors here on the island about a case of gold Pocket Watches being lost here on the island in the 1800s."
That statement reminded me of our experience of finding and salvaging (from my boat, the R/V Explorer), the "Brig Baltic" bound from NYC to Galveston, TX; lost in 1866 near Ridley Head, just east of Spanish Wells (our port during the salvage op). One of the stories that 'lured' me to seek out an unnamed vessel was the story of finding a gold pocket watch at the scene some time prior.
That area can get very nasty weather-wise; as witnessed by Hurricane Andrew from which we raced back to Florida after completing our salvage ops in 1992.
Good memories (of the finding, ID-ing and salvaging).
Don.....

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the photos
Great find
Congrats

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That pocket watch is amazing, and you did a great job on the cleaning. I didnt want to respond right away, because i was waiting to hear what else you found out about it.
Definitely keep us posted when you have it tested. Either real gold or very heavy plating. That thing is nice looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread