.05oz Hammerd Silver

bobberdown

Greenie
Nov 23, 2006
South Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I dug this 0.5oz hammered silver today at a very old home site (1800's) It was about 25 yards from the rock house supports near a cistern. It was 6" deep and showed as a silver dollar.
A question could this have been hammered to make a spoon, or was it a spoon and it was hammered to make some kind of tool? It is very flat.
silver.JPG

Upvote 0
Can you post better picture the focus is not good.By the way congrats on the find.

shape looks like a spoon but...................... Its silver so who cares. Great find none the less!!!

well it certainly appears to be old spoon to me given the stem section at the top. probably broken on purpose in order to make something else. nice silver.

Laater...

looks like a hammered spoon . I once found one hammered flat like that with a thin sheet of copper attached to the spoon end to make a spatula. long trip to the store back then so make it yourself.

I am not sure but I think this is the first post I have seen from you. So just in case welcome to the forum Bobberdown. Nice piece of silver you found congratulations.

That name wouldn't have anything to do with fishing would it?

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back