May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed over to the Salvation Army today to drop off some stuff that was left over from my yard sale. it turns out they were having their annual jewelry sale. They had Tons and tons of jewelry on tables and in some plastic bins. I started digging through the bins and found some really nice stuff. Pendants were a 1.99, necklaces were 2.99 and watches for 4.99. I could not believe my eyes when I saw this bangle in a bag in the bin. It looked so good I knew it was real and only later saw the 18 karat mark. I am speechless!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591553.158644.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591570.048582.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591911.171263.jpg
I then picked up two watches. One was a brand-new Skagen and the other was an Oakley judge wrist watch. The Oakley is worth several hundred dollars. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591606.517388.jpg
I then spied this 14kt gold pin at 3.5g. The diamond is not real. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591628.911919.jpg
I also pulled these Sterling items.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591658.144125.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591670.633254.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447591927.764353.jpg

The funny thing is I ran out of time and didn't search half of the jewelry they had. This is what golden dreams are made of!

Last edited:

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasurenet (both app & site) says your pictures are broken? I'm not really *that* jealous because I've had some stupidly good days myself but that may change when I finally get to see it for myself lol.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
^ lol, what Kali said. Broken for me too. Happy you are having such great finds. Where do you again? Maybe we all need a road trip ... Jk. Congrats, wanna see the pictures.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a dream! Lol. Would love to see the pictures too!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ lol, what Kali said. Broken for me too. Happy you are having such great finds. Where do you again? Maybe we all need a road trip ... Jk. Congrats, wanna see the pictures.

I fixed the pics. Thank you for your comments! Let's just say I live in southeastern city with an undefeated football team.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy score on the bracelet! Chinese looking? What do you think the bracelet is worth? Awesome finds!!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy score on the bracelet! Chinese looking? What do you think the bracelet is worth? Awesome finds!!

Melt value is just about $1000. As for value above that I have no clue. How they missed this I will never know.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. They will miss it. Everyone will miss it, until the one who was supposed to find it does.
It is an incredible find! Find out as much as you can before you list.
The necklace with the green, is that Silpada? Does it say 925 with an arrowhead logo? Congrats!! You hit the Jack Pot!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Great finds! You are continually killing it. You are very fortunate that the thrift stores and salvation army are continually producing for you, I am envious! The thrift store owners here are some of my main competitors at the garage, yard and estate sales here. Keep up the good work, I enjoy your posts! Good Luck!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. They will miss it. Everyone will miss it, until the one who was supposed to find it does.
It is an incredible find! Find out as much as you can before you list.
The necklace with the green, is that Silpada? Does it say 925 with an arrowhead logo? Congrats!! You hit the Jack Pot!

I lucked out big time. I am a true believer now! The green turquoise one just has 925. The necklace is as follows.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447625902.320445.jpg
The silver bracelet has Italian makers marks.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447625954.560765.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447625966.919875.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic stuff! That bracelet would be a major adrenaline rush! Looks Chinese/Asian at first glance.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the symbol translated by the owner of the Chinese restaurant I frequent. It means luck and he says this is a bracelet that's given out to a bride by her future mother-in-law to wish her good luck and prosperity. What I don't understand is that most Chinese ones are usually 999 gold. This did pass the acid test for 18kt though.

Last edited:

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Necklace is ancient roman glass by the "Roman Glass" company. They're stuff is all over the place in terms of price but always sells. They do sell on QVC but not not pieces like that.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Necklace is ancient roman glass by the "Roman Glass" company. They're stuff is all over the place in terms of price but always sells. They do sell on QVC but not not pieces like that.

Thank you!!! I had no idea! Cool

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap JD!! Nice score! More finds like that and you'll be able to buy your own "winning" football team! Or at least pay for a few good trades! [emoji51]. Keep up the great finds.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU ARE A MACHINE! This is why we need a thrifting banner. Haha

I picked up some early 19th Century pewter for 10 bucks last night, but nothing as $$$ as you that bangle!!

Cheers buddy.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap JD!! Nice score! More finds like that and you'll be able to buy your own "winning" football team! Or at least pay for a few good trades! [emoji51]. Keep up the great finds.

Ok JD, I'm a dope! I read to quickly and didn't catch the " undefeated " part of your comment. So you don't need a new team , but still a heck of a find. I can only imagine practically skipping all the way back to the car! My wife and daughter found an 18k gold and turquoise necklace last year for $5 and I later flipped it for $1100. Happy hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread