What's new

1$ coin direct ship from mint

Been participating since it's inception. Best score was the 2009 Native American coin. I have $750 tucked away. They are selling for $4.00/coin. I'll wait and unload them in 20 years.
 
By the way, the mint pays for shipping. You pay face value. You don't have a choice with regards to mint mark.
 
Records indicate that not always by buying from the mint a profit will come

The only regret a I have is not having purchase the Silver American Eagle Reverse Proof from the mint
in 2006 or 2007 I do not remember

DW
 
why are the 2009 native american coins going so high.I havnt seen anything about them yet..jon
 
So cool I'm buying a box of the Native Americans right now!!!
 
jonhls said:
why are the 2009 native american coins going so high.I havnt seen anything about them yet..jon

The Sacagewa (sp) has officially ended. The new Native American coin still carries the likeness of Sacagewa on the obverse, but the reverse will have a new design each year. This year it depicts a female planting in the "Three Sisters" method. Also the mint mark/year has been moved to the edge. The Presedential Coin Act prescribes that 10% of the total mintage of coins minted that year must be of the Native American type. Consequently, they will be of limited mintage. In the Numismatic News, the Native American coins are selling for $3.85/each.
 
Darth Walker said:
Records indicate that not always by buying from the mint a profit will come

The only regret a I have is not having purchase the Silver American Eagle Reverse Proof from the mint
in 2006 or 2007 I do not remember

DW

The reverse proof is very sexy. One of my favorite coins. I bought 3 of the sets when they were first issued (2006). 1 is still in the mint box wrapped in plastic. She will go for sale in exactly 20 years.
 
I guess I should be happy about finding four BU 2009D Sacs. :)
 
Diver_Down said:
By the way, the mint pays for shipping. You pay face value. You don't have a choice with regards to mint mark.
Since when does the mint do anything that does not make them a huge profit?

Are you sure you get $250 for $250?

I see where they say they pay the shipping. But, they do not directly say 250 for 250 they word it strange but show a picture of $250

I don't really trust the mint anyway, besides their quality is K-RAP >:(
(compared with real silver coins :thumbsup: )
 
cyber dan - it's legit. I've ordered all the Presidents (except Monroe). The box arrives via UPS a couple of days after it leaves the mint. Put the order on a credit card that gives cash back and you actually come out ahead on the deal.
The mint says they are doing this program to get the coins into circulation. Keep in mind these are listed as circulated coins.
 
dp2013 said:
cyber dan - it's legit. I've ordered all the Presidents (except Monroe). The box arrives via UPS a couple of days after it leaves the mint. Put the order on a credit card that gives cash back and you actually come out ahead on the deal.
The mint says they are doing this program to get the coins into circulation. Keep in mind these are listed as circulated coins.

The coins are intended for circulation, but every roll that I've received has been direct from the mint's warehouse. I get 500 - 750 of each type. By using my Discover card, I've really padded my rewards. I then redeem the rewards for restaurants where they allow you to get a $40 giftcard for only $35 in rewards.
 
Diver_Down said:
I then redeem the rewards for restaurants where they allow you to get a $40 giftcard for only $35 in rewards.
Wow, actually makin $$$ off the gov :thumbsup:
 
Diver_Down said:
jonhls said:
why are the 2009 native american coins going so high.I havnt seen anything about them yet..jon

The Sacagewa (sp) has officially ended. The new Native American coin still carries the likeness of Sacagewa on the obverse, but the reverse will have a new design each year. This year it depicts a female planting in the "Three Sisters" method. Also the mint mark/year has been moved to the edge. The Presedential Coin Act prescribes that 10% of the total mintage of coins minted that year must be of the Native American type. Consequently, they will be of limited mintage. In the Numismatic News, the Native American coins are selling for $3.85/each.

The law requires that at least 20 percent of all such $1 coins minted and issued in any year be Native American $1 Coins.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/nativeamerican/


But still a good deal. Too bad you can't choose which mint you want them from though................
 
Cool!!!
I just ordered a box if they are really nice I will get one more.
Thanks for the info
HH
Dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom