What's new

$1 for a roll of nickels?!?

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
1,078
Reaction score
1,350
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this was a thing back in the day. Who here remembers these! I saw this sitting in the teller's tray and asked what it was. When she said it was a roll of nickels I kinda laughed but what do I know, lol. Gonna crack it open tomorrow, wonder what I'll find. There is a circulated '64 ender and a reverse on the other
 

Attachments

  • 1562389086585.webp
    1562389086585.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Seriously? You took the time to write a post about waiting till tomorrow to look at 20 nickels.
You've honestly never peeked at a Christmas present have you?
 
Seriously? You took the time to write a post about waiting till tomorrow to look at 20 nickels.
You've honestly never peeked at a Christmas present have you?

Lol! Nope :laughing7:
 
You could remove one nickel per day for the next 20 days and post it in this thread if you'd like to drive us nuts.

And no, I don't remember $1 rolls - going back at least to early 60's. Imagine how long it would take to go through $2 worth of 'em...
 
Last edited:
$1 rolls used to be pretty common in Vegas casinos. I never asked for them though, you have to be a really dedicated CRHer to tackle those.
 
Ok let's put this thread out of its misery. Nothing older than a '64 Jefferson. :BangHead:
 
Thanks for being a good sport and also for letting us know - now we can go to bed in peace.
 
Crack em open a treasure hunter has no patience to wait
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom