What's new

1 Leopold I deserves a buddy Fedri II 1625 to 1632 silvers

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Saturday i have been hunting fields and heavy wooded areas and it payed off this time the old north-fork is getting older my sister got me a book published in 1975 called Pagans Puritans Patriots about this home town i live in the oldest English town in NY it is fantastic :icon_thumleft: gave me lots of ideas where to hunt Founded in 1640 ? ill debate that , first i hunted a just plowed field didn't really produce much a few really toasted LC,s early 1800,s and some cool artifacts so i hit the woods next to it along the bay front that was a lot better there is a stone foundation still there once a home, i got some good silver signals 1 1626 King Leopold and 1 Ferdinand II 1625 to 1632 undated both coins where within 6 feet of each other not deep either about 6 inches amazing the ground was full of oyster shells and scallop shells they turned to chalk when i touched them and fell apart another far out find was a 1961 Danish 1 Krone :icon_scratch: i got a nice very small silver ring a cool double heart pendent 3 flatty buttons no marks a d buckle some lead shots lots of old glass bits one is milk glass i took a few to many pics sorry :hello:
enjoy Dd60
 

Attachments

  • Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.webp
    Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 3,063
  • 100_0940.webp
    100_0940.webp
    104.8 KB · Views: 3,032
  • 100_0944.webp
    100_0944.webp
    88 KB · Views: 3,009
  • 1961 1 krone.webp
    1961 1 krone.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,998
  • 100_0937.webp
    100_0937.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,992
  • coins 1.webp
    coins 1.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,998
  • woods finds.webp
    woods finds.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,967
  • Silver coins.webp
    Silver coins.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,934
Upvote 0
One of the great coin finds of the year. Banner!
 
Great silvers man.

Those are really old for the states. Ny has alot of old history. We are fortunate to be in the NE. I live in pittsburgh pa and it is very old here also. I just found out my dad's sister owns a large parcel of land with lake and she told my dad it is the oldest land in NY. It was occupied by indians etc.

I've never been to NY. I've been to California and every where else but not to NY. I plan on making a trip later in the summer.

HH Jer
 
JerV3 said:
Great silvers man.

Those are really old for the states. Ny has alot of old history. We are fortunate to be in the NE. I live in pittsburgh pa and it is very old here also. I just found out my dad's sister owns a large parcel of land with lake and she told my dad it is the oldest land in NY. It was occupied by indians etc.

I've never been to NY. I've been to California and every where else but not to NY. I plan on making a trip later in the summer.

HH Jer
Thanks your not to far about a 3 hour drive from LI to Albany its old getting permission to hunt out here is not easy but when i do its always a good hunt Dd60
 
JerV3 said:
Great silvers man.

Those are really old for the states. Ny has alot of old history. We are fortunate to be in the NE. I live in pittsburgh pa and it is very old here also. I just found out my dad's sister owns a large parcel of land with lake and she told my dad it is the oldest land in NY. It was occupied by indians etc.

I've never been to NY. I've been to California and every where else but not to NY. I plan on making a trip later in the summer.

HH Jer

I smell group hunt... ;D ;D
 
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:. I would be very pleased with a day like that. You got my vote :headbang:.

hammered
 
Deep digger ! My most sincere congradulations ! I have been busy moving and have not even looked on here for a couple of days ! How are these coins not up on the banner yet ! Those are of major historical signifigance ! I don't know what else to say ! BANNER all the way ! MaineRelic.
 
Look like either one or three kruezer pieces, great finds.....Kane 23
 
They did make Banner !! i would like to thank all for your comments and votes Thank You all Good hunting to everyone . :thumbsup: Jim Dd60
 
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
 
The town of Southampton may take issue to your claim about Southold being the oldest town. :wink:

Congrats on your banner find!
Neil
 
Now that is some find in the States. You're making us proud here by actually finding coins which could be classified as "sorta old" over in England!

You've found a great site. I hope to see more finds like these. And they do deserve the banner.
 
Neil in West Jersey said:
The town of Southampton may take issue to your claim about Southold being the oldest town. :wink:

Congrats on your banner find!
Neil
Southold and Southampton are the 2 oldest towns on the Fork,s only difference is the ships land here first because of the bay harbor the ocean side was to rough of a landing Peconic bay lays between both with Shelter Island right in the middle my new Sov.GT is going to get a good work out this summer at all those beaches lol thanks for the congrats .Dd60
 
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
Naaa the historic posse is always on patrol out here there is one way in and one way out of the northfork unless they good swimmers ? they see a new face they watch, besides that book was published in the fork if someone sneeze,s out here the whole town knows it ,its only 33 miles by 2 miles wide and 1 highway and if the posse dont get them the ticks will :laughing7: Dd60
 
Amazing Coins!!
Now Thats History!!
HH!!
 
just amazing peices of history. Congratulations sir. Fantastic recoverys. Nice banner.
TnMtns
 
Congrats on the Banner DD60 :icon_thumleft:, you deserved it.

hammered
 
hammered said:
Congrats on the Banner DD60 :icon_thumleft:, you deserved it.

hammered
Thanks there is a connection between those coins and the earliest people sailing over here from Conn. i still say they were Dutch i don't think there can be any earlier coins except maybe very late 1590,s or is there ? ill keep hunting Thanks again for the Congrats Dd60
 
:o

A good day for sure :icon_thumleft: Great looking coins :o did you clean them, or did they come out the ground like that :dontknow:

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
:o

A good day for sure :icon_thumleft: Great looking coins :o did you clean them, or did they come out the ground like that :dontknow:

SS
Thanks i had to soak them in lemon juice to get the dark color off they came out nice i did not want to over do it the soil was very dark and soft once the top was broke off i could use my hands to dig the woods out here has a deep layer of i guess i could say mulch plus there was a lot of old oyster shells mixed in which i think scratched the coins over time the coins were just over 6 inches deep Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom