What's new

1 Leopold I deserves a buddy Fedri II 1625 to 1632 silvers

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Saturday i have been hunting fields and heavy wooded areas and it payed off this time the old north-fork is getting older my sister got me a book published in 1975 called Pagans Puritans Patriots about this home town i live in the oldest English town in NY it is fantastic :icon_thumleft: gave me lots of ideas where to hunt Founded in 1640 ? ill debate that , first i hunted a just plowed field didn't really produce much a few really toasted LC,s early 1800,s and some cool artifacts so i hit the woods next to it along the bay front that was a lot better there is a stone foundation still there once a home, i got some good silver signals 1 1626 King Leopold and 1 Ferdinand II 1625 to 1632 undated both coins where within 6 feet of each other not deep either about 6 inches amazing the ground was full of oyster shells and scallop shells they turned to chalk when i touched them and fell apart another far out find was a 1961 Danish 1 Krone :icon_scratch: i got a nice very small silver ring a cool double heart pendent 3 flatty buttons no marks a d buckle some lead shots lots of old glass bits one is milk glass i took a few to many pics sorry :hello:
enjoy Dd60
 

Attachments

  • Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.webp
    Dutch English Colonial Rev.War Civil War field.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 3,063
  • 100_0940.webp
    100_0940.webp
    104.8 KB · Views: 3,032
  • 100_0944.webp
    100_0944.webp
    88 KB · Views: 3,009
  • 1961 1 krone.webp
    1961 1 krone.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,998
  • 100_0937.webp
    100_0937.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,992
  • coins 1.webp
    coins 1.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,998
  • woods finds.webp
    woods finds.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,967
  • Silver coins.webp
    Silver coins.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,934
Upvote 0
Deepdiger60 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:o

A good day for sure :icon_thumleft: Great looking coins :o did you clean them, or did they come out the ground like that :dontknow:

SS
Thanks i had to soak them in lemon juice to get the dark color off they came out nice i did not want to over do it the soil was very dark and soft once the top was broke off i could use my hands to dig the woods out here has a deep layer of i guess i could say mulch plus there was a lot of old oyster shells mixed in which i think scratched the coins over time the coins were just over 6 inches deep Jim

Don't do this again, no need to put lemon juice on clean coins, you could damage the surface.
 
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Silver Searcher said:
:o

A good day for sure :icon_thumleft: Great looking coins :o did you clean them, or did they come out the ground like that :dontknow:

SS
Thanks i had to soak them in lemon juice to get the dark color off they came out nice i did not want to over do it the soil was very dark and soft once the top was broke off i could use my hands to dig the woods out here has a deep layer of i guess i could say mulch plus there was a lot of old oyster shells mixed in which i think scratched the coins over time the coins were just over 6 inches deep Jim

Don't do this again, no need to put lemon juice on clean coins, you could damage the surface.



I thought that :icon_scratch:

The coins look great as they were in the mud :icon_thumleft:
 
;D ;D ;D Awesome dude !!! ;D ;D ;D Gotta say .. Yikes on the lemon juice too.. I just use spit..

If it don't come clean.. It wasn't meant to be on silver.. Grads on the banner !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
The European detectorists have to be saying to them selves Bloody hell I find a coin that Alexander the great could have dropped in battle and I don't ever get recommended for a banner. In the states they find a couple pieces of silver and he is all over the banner.

I am a USAacan and I see the signifignance and I have to VOTE BANNER. SWEET FIND.
 
Beautiful Silvers bud...Maybe mine will make the Banner too!! :headbang: :headbang:
 
cdltpx said:
The European detectorists have to be saying to them selves Bloody hell I find a coin that Alexander the great could have dropped in battle and I don't ever get recommended for a banner. In the states they find a couple pieces of silver and he is all over the banner.

I am a USAacan and I see the signifignance and I have to VOTE BANNER. SWEET FIND.
Iv'e had the same thought. That's pretty funny.
 
HCW said:
cdltpx said:
The European detectorists have to be saying to them selves Bloody hell I find a coin that Alexander the great could have dropped in battle and I don't ever get recommended for a banner. In the states they find a couple pieces of modern silver and he is all over the banner.

I am a USAacan and I see the signifignance and I have to VOTE BANNER. SWEET FIND.
Iv'e had the same thought. That's pretty funny.

forgot to add modern before silver :laughing9:
 
For a moment I thought that you were hunting for relics in Europe :o ... deserve these two coins and much more, find a field in the USA with this kind of coins and be able to find them to be a miracle and a great hunter.
Greetings!... :hello:
 
Green1 said:
;D ;D ;D Awesome dude !!! ;D ;D ;D Gotta say .. Yikes on the lemon juice too.. I just use spit..

If it don't come clean.. It wasn't meant to be on silver.. Grads on the banner !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
lemon juice doe's nothing to Silver...but clean it :read2:

SS
 
Amazing finds!! I'd still be in shock over this find of a life time!!........... :o

I can't help but wonder, wouldn't the 'Archies' love to find out about these finds???

Unfortunately, you'd probably not be allowed to hunt the site again if they were to find out... :dontknow:
 
Azman-1 said:
Amazing finds!! I'd still be in shock over this find of a life time!!........... :o

I can't help but wonder, wouldn't the 'Archies' love to find out about these finds???

Unfortunately, you'd probably not be allowed to hunt the site again if they were to find out... :dontknow:
Its private owned farm land its been in the same family over 300 years, there is one archeological site out here it is historical land and off limits to hunting of any sort 3500 acres
 
Deepdiger60 said:
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
Naaa the historic posse is always on patrol out here there is one way in and one way out of the northfork unless they good swimmers ? they see a new face they watch, besides that book was published in the fork if someone sneeze,s out here the whole town knows it ,its only 33 miles by 2 miles wide and 1 highway and if the posse dont get them the ticks will :laughing7: Dd60

Seriously, I bet a few more of those books have sold already. Even just a "few" more relic hunters in your area of Long Island coud be a disaster when it comes to competing for land to hunt.
 
KylePA said:
Deepdiger60 said:
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
Naaa the historic posse is always on patrol out here there is one way in and one way out of the northfork unless they good swimmers ? they see a new face they watch, besides that book was published in the fork if someone sneeze,s out here the whole town knows it ,its only 33 miles by 2 miles wide and 1 highway and if the posse dont get them the ticks will :laughing7: Dd60

Seriously, I bet a few more of those books have sold already. Even just a "few" more relic hunters in your area of Long Island coud be a disaster when it comes to competing for land to hunt.

That is a good point, Kyle. We would never give away the source(s) that we found our great sites from. I hope you find more.

Kirk
 
Kirk PA said:
KylePA said:
Deepdiger60 said:
KylePA said:
Awesome coins, Deep!

I cringed, though, when he showed what book you are using to do your research. I hope it doesn't result in claim jumpers raiding your area.
Naaa the historic posse is always on patrol out here there is one way in and one way out of the northfork unless they good swimmers ? they see a new face they watch, besides that book was published in the fork if someone sneeze,s out here the whole town knows it ,its only 33 miles by 2 miles wide and 1 highway and if the posse dont get them the ticks will :laughing7: Dd60

Seriously, I bet a few more of those books have sold already. Even just a "few" more relic hunters in your area of Long Island coud be a disaster when it comes to competing for land to hunt.

That is a good point, Kyle. We would never give away the source(s) that we found our great sites from. I hope you find more.

Kirk
Iam not worried about it like i stated before this place is 33 miles long by 2.5 miles wide 80% of it is wooded or vineyards and farm land it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack in the middle of the night i been out here now 10 years and i still have not seen 2/3 of the places to hunt :thumbsup:
 
beautiful coins! congrats on the banner!
 
Simply outatanding!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom