What's new

10,000 Roman Bronze Coins + VERY RARE RICHARD III PENNY...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,305
Reaction score
48,535
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems quite fitting that in the year I got 10,000 Likes, we also recorded our 10,000th Roman Bronze Coin today. We have a few more but this is since we started proper record keeping.
The morning started on 2 Roman Sites, soon found out we had cleared them pretty good, so moved to a close-by long shot field where we had a random Saxon find. After proving it wasn't a site, we moved to the field I was on yesterday. Now glad we did.:laughing7: Within an hour Cru'Dad got the Very Rare Hammered.:hello2:

5 Scrappies
1 Livery Button
Jetton
What Is It coin, now IDed as a 19th C Greek 2 Lepta;
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/517882-foriegn-copper-coin.html

Another Will III Love Token!
Hammered Farthing
Richard III Penny, York Mint, Archb. Rotherham. Books (2015) at F - £400, VF - £1350. I've pictured it against the books example, which normally uses the best example they can find. Notice the difference. These coins are always poor & heavily clipped, & Cru'Dad's example is the best I can find on the internet, have a look at what some sold for!:headbang:
A fitting prize for our 10,000th Bronze, although we were hoping for a Roman Gold....:laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    202.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    196.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    157 KB · Views: 177
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Upvote 88
Simply amazing Crusader. Your posts are always inspirational and artifact filled. Major congrats on your milestone. :occasion14:
 
Congrats on an incredible milestone! It will be quite a day when that Roman gold is peeking up out of the hole

Yes, I've probably over thought it now. 1 idea was to try & stay calm & act like it was a bronze scrappy & laid it on a stone next to the hole (something I do so Cru'dad can catch up with me & GPS it). I move onto the next like nothing had happen, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pull it off.:laughing7:
To be honest it could easily be another 10 years before it 'might' happen but what I do know is that Tnet will be the first to see the pictures.:thumbsup:
 
Yet another good hunt Cru, always amazed at the amount of silver and coins you and your Dad hoover up! :occasion14:

Hope you guys are having another BANNER year,

Dave
 
10.000 roman coins is not a joke. It means a hard work and a lot of time. Congrts for your patience. I have to admmit that your posts keep this session very interesting.
Great job Sir.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom