What's new

10/15/09 Road Trip (UPDATE with pictures)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Made another incursion into the State of Rhode Island. Unfortunately it was a short road trip because I forgot that I had a dentist appointment.
Anyway I got one of the banks there to order me 4 boxes of halves for next week. I picked up 10 rolls of halves with marked dates all 70's with the exception of one that was marked"plain silver". I picked up a $500.00 bag of dimes. Then bet a hasty retreat to go see Dr.Hertz, and his partner, Dr.Payne.
Here is the take:
1x 1928 Mercury
1x 1949 Roosevelt
1x 1964 Roosevelt
1x 1960 Canadian Dime(80%)
1x 1966 Canadian Dime(80%) These were the only foreign coins in the bag
20x 1964 Kennedy (plain silver was a solid roll) First solid roll I got this month. I think
I'm going to make R.I. my main hunting grounds till it runs out.

SilverCoins.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: 10/15/09 Road Trip

Nicely done! I may take a little road trip myself tomorrow.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: 10/15/09 Road Trip

nice solid roll of 64s!
 
Re: 10/15/09 Road Trip

way to go pal. Still waiting for my first solid silver roll.
 
Re: 10/15/09 Road Trip

Very nice day! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 10/15/09 Road Trip

I am on my way Rich :wink:

Golden Silver
 
today i did upstate new york, western mass, and hartford area. and got exactly 5 40%ers.
i dont know how u do it
congrats
 
Keith,

Connecticut appears to be tapped out. Steve's been CRH in New York, I've neen hitting Rhode Island. I myself have tried New York and got zip.
Tried Western Mass. which was a waste of time. Got a big score in Vermont, but that's along haul. Never tried the big banks in downtown Hartford because there is no where to park.

Best,

Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom