What's new

10 Boxes Today $280 worth of silver.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad for an old blind hog. 25-90%ers and 45- 40%ers puts a wee bit of a smile back on my face. These were those nice flat boxes,not the crappy double stack boxes. Cheers, Jim
 
Upvote 0
I still don't understand how you guys are able to get that many boxes and successfully dump them so quickly. I'm extremely jealous and must learn this skill.
 
Every Monday morning I call my pick up bank. The vault teller asks how many and which kinds. They can get me flat boxes,double stacks,or bags. I usually get 10 flats but sometimes I get surprised and she has other ideas for me.(woman's prerogative I guess). Thursday morning at 9am, I watch the Loomis truck deliver my stuff. Within 2 and a half hours I am on my way to the dump bank which is in another part of town so that I am not searching my dumps every week. I wheel the dumperoos into the bank on a 2 wheeler and sit and watch TV for awhile. 30 minutes or less and I am out the door and on my way home. No muss,no fuss. Jim




Thanks Rich for the kudos.
 
coolpix9 said:
Every Monday morning I call my pick up bank. The vault teller asks how many and which kinds. They can get me flat boxes,double stacks,or bags. I usually get 10 flats but sometimes I get surprised and she has other ideas for me.(woman's prerogative I guess). Thursday morning at 9am, I watch the Loomis truck deliver my stuff. Within 2 and a half hours I am on my way to the dump bank which is in another part of town so that I am not searching my dumps every week. I wheel the dumperoos into the bank on a 2 wheeler and sit and watch TV for awhile. 30 minutes or less and I am out the door and on my way home. No muss,no fuss. Jim




Thanks Rich for the kudos.

You Sir are a Professional and debonair CRH'er; good score too!
 
Sure beats my 3 - 40%s in the 40 boxes I did in March. LOL.

WOW. NIce boxes! COngrats. :-)
 
jrf30 said:
Sure beats my 3 - 40%s in the 40 boxes I did in March. LOL.

WOW. NIce boxes! COngrats. :-)
Why don't you move from Aztlan region to the heartland, the Boxes are low here but far, FAR better than where ye be.
 
I would say that is "top dog."

Congrats!

appush :laughing7:
 
Electronova said:
I still don't understand how you guys are able to get that many boxes and successfully dump them so quickly. I'm extremely jealous and must learn this skill.


Patience young grasshopper, patience.

Its not rocket science, but it is a lot of work.
 
very nice... I don't like any type of boxes... last 5 long boxes - skunks, last 5 two layer boxes - 2x 40%
 
Nice score Jim. Did the boxes have dates or numbers on them? Things really are slim in Houston. HH Gayle
 
2577 on every one of them Gayle. I went thru 32 skunkeroo double stack boxes until I found this bank. Jim
 
Did my first dump with a box of halves, the teller was excited to see halves because "people always ask for them," but when I told her that I would be bringing them more often she said that she isnt sure that they can "accept that many." I told her to keep me posted. Do I now have to open another bank account somewhere else to be my dump bank? So far dumping halves is much more frustrating than cents and quarters. :dontknow:
 
Electronova said:
Did my first dump with a box of halves, the teller was excited to see halves because "people always ask for them," but when I told her that I would be bringing them more often she said that she isnt sure that they can "accept that many." I told her to keep me posted. Do I now have to open another bank account somewhere else to be my dump bank? So far dumping halves is much more frustrating than cents and quarters. :dontknow:

I make it a point to NOT dump at the same Bank branch twice within a single month, you know spread the pain :pain10: misery around :laughing7: ; I've opened up 4 Bank accounts despite using 2 branches of my order Bank to dump at of course they are way outa my area 50 miles or so and are in a totally diff Fed region from mine. I just shuffle juggle tweenst them and it helps keep them below the boiling :angry5: point so to speak.
 
obediah said:
coolpix9 said:
Every Monday morning I call my pick up bank. The vault teller asks how many and which kinds. They can get me flat boxes,double stacks,or bags. I usually get 10 flats but sometimes I get surprised and she has other ideas for me.(woman's prerogative I guess). Thursday morning at 9am, I watch the Loomis truck deliver my stuff. Within 2 and a half hours I am on my way to the dump bank which is in another part of town so that I am not searching my dumps every week. I wheel the dumperoos into the bank on a 2 wheeler and sit and watch TV for awhile. 30 minutes or less and I am out the door and on my way home. No muss,no fuss. Jim




Thanks Rich for the kudos.

You Sir are a Professional and debonair CRH'er; good score too!
Taught him everything I know, well almost everything LOL. Congrats Jim, see you made all that space available creating a vacuum to fill it back up. HH Mark
 
Thanks Mark, always keeping some options open. Thanks, Jim

Howze that puppy dogg ?
 
coolpix9 said:
Howze that puppy dogg ?
You mean my pet black bear? LOL She's doin good, can't wait to take her camping. She has no interest in silver, hopin she likes gold better and can sniff out some good spots- she probly just wanna play in the river though like a typical kid haha. Take care, Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom