10" coil for a discovery 3300

Re: 10" coil for a discovery 3300

Monty - What I was told by Maggie Lazo at First Texas (BH) was that to get maximum performance from my 3300 (or any BH with VDI - Discovery 3300, Titan 3000XD, LandRanger, TimeRanger) the coils would have to be 'matched' or 'calibrated' to the detector.

As I understand it from the letter the technician sent back with the control box and all 3 coils that I sent in, they take some sort of reading from the unit to find out what 'coil value' works best with the detector and then select the coils (2 in my case) that best match up to the machine and each other.

Since the time I bought my 3300 (about as soon as they came out), I have been told by the folks at BH, namely Dave Johnson, that BH has better QC on the coil manufacturing now and any of the 3 coils should work on any machine. The only time a machine needs to be sent in for 'calibration' is when a coil gives false readings when used on the detector.

I don't know 'what you thought', but that's what I was told by the folks at BH. I did notice a dramatic improvement in overall stability on MY 3300 and better ID capabilities and smidge more depth. BBJ

PostFatal said:
wes1945 said:
A little advice sought. I recently bought not one but two 3300,s. They came with the standard 10" coil.

the standard coil is an 8" open spider coil (circle inside a circle connected by three spokes) and pinpoints in the center of the inner circle. I believe that both the 10" and 4" are solid coils and are pinpointed by using the x'ing method. if the coils are new then they are water proof. some ppl say that when you get additional coils then the unit and coils should be sent to Bounty Hunter for calibration but others say this is not necessary. hope this is of some help to you.

Ask An Expert

Different Sizes of Coils fitting the Bounty Hunter models
Do you know anything about bounty hunter coils and the need of each coil being calibrated to the individual detector?

The Bounty Hunter Coils have been technically tested to fit any Bounty Hunter model, this includes the different sizes of coils available.
For example if you have a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II and you wish to purchase a 10" coil size, it will work perfectly with the Quick Draw II.

This is from the Bounty Hunter web site. www.detecting.com

That's exactly what the tech I talked to told me in the first place. Any BH coil will work on the 3300 with no need to send anything in unless you have a problem with the machine. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back