What's new

10 K Gold Masonic Ring (Video) Electrolosys Bath

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well wnet to the old haunt today. I took advantage of the moon tide and was able to get out prety far on the mud flat. There was a lot of junk, but found a few coins that were prety toasted as you will see in the video. Will post a video of the actual hunt a little later on. I only found about 20 coins or so with 1 good liberty dime 192?, but got a good keeper down about a foot deep in the mud. Turns out to be 10 K Gold as you weill see as i do in the video. Thanks for watching.
 
Upvote 0
Masonic ring looks old. Congratulations on your find.
 
Those are some nice finds, very nice ring. That brass badge looks more like a watch fob but either way that is a neat find. Congrats...HH
 
Nice find - nice video :icon_thumright:
 
Great finds and great video. I wish you luck. Hamid :icon_pirat:
 
Nice group of old coins and a very nice ring clean up. Just curious, do you mind sharing your electrolysis setup formula? Looks like you are using a copper or copper coated clamp holding the ring. What do you use for the electrolyte and your annode? I have a couple of tarnished 10k gold items that I might like to clean up. I have not tried electrolysis yet although I do have a set-up.
 
petersra said:
Nice group of old coins and a very nice ring clean up. Just curious, do you mind sharing your electrolysis setup formula? Looks like you are using a copper or copper coated clamp holding the ring. What do you use for the electrolyte and your annode? I have a couple of tarnished 10k gold items that I might like to clean up. I have not tried electrolysis yet although I do have a set-up.
Here you go... Enjoy and use at your own risk.
 
Thanks for sharing. Very informative.... Electrolyte = 2-T of Salt and 1-T Lemon Juice in a quart of warm water. Do you use the same electrolyte solution for both silver and gold? Have you tried hooking the coin/ring alligator clip to a copper wire wrap around the object to be cleaned and not immersing the clip in the solution rather than sacrificing the alligator clip in the electrolyte solution or will the copper wire stain the object to be cleaned? If you have been down this road, that input would help. Thanks, Ralph
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom