10 Rolls of Quarters Gives Up a Kansas State Quarter Error. "In od We rust" Motto!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 Rolls of Quarters Gives Up a Kansas State Quarter Error. "In od We rust" Motto!

Took a break from dimes and bought 10 rolls of quarters. No silver, but I did snag a decent looking Kansas state quarter error. The motto reads, "In od We rust." Not a bad find at all!

DSC06387.JPG

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the G and the T. Slightly struck through grease. Throw it back unless you want to keep it as an example.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a big difference between being offered on ebay for $25 vs selling on ebay for any price. The quarter didn't sell.

I found that listing under the "sold" items on eBay, so it did sell for $24.99.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yepper, a fool and his money are soon parted. Part them of their money! Sad part is 20 years from now they will try to sell them and find out they're not worth anything but face.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stand corrected.... SELL IT!!! Quickly!

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's worth something because of the butchering of the "In God We Trust" motto. I think it's funny, but not a significant error.

The Wisconsin quarter error with the extra leaf on the corn isn't that significant either, but it's selling for $100 and up on eBay.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad part is that legitimate errors and varieties get listed on the bay and people won't bid on them. But list some worthless junk........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread