Seawulff

Greenie
Mar 29, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Garrett ACE 250, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to one of my old reliable spots. Goal was to dig 100 targets. Pretty much dig everything with Iron discriminated. Finally hit my 2nd career WW2 Nickel. She was pretty dark (covered in some tar-like stuff). You can still see some on there.

Wasn't sure if it was a War Nickel at first but knew there was a good chance. I saw the date was '42 and it was about 5" down. Although it was mostly covered in gunk, there were spots where it still looked silvery. So I figured it had to be War Nickel b/c all the other Nickels I dig here are brownish red, besides the recent drops on top the grass. When I got home and cleaned it up it was confirmed, 8-).

Other than that only 2 wheats. Had some junk jewelry finds, some odds and ends with dresser drawer handles, and a pocket knife (stainless china junk) that was sitting right on top the grass. Broke the knife trying to fold the blade back in though. Cheap Chinese useless knife...haha.

HH all.

Attachments

• WW2 Nu.jpg
    WW2 Nu.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 70
  • WW2 Nu back.jpg
    WW2 Nu back.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 2
Grats Sea on that SWN !! I got a 43 one today was kinda greenish coverage on it still like it anyways =D

One of those is still on my list, good find but lots of getting up and down. Sometimes I really have trouble doing that, and a 100 hole day is out of the question, unless my sciatic problems get a lot better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back