What's new

100 Eisenhower Dollars

Iheartmoney

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Friday afternoon I stopped at a Chase bank to see if they had any half dollars. The teller I spoke to said that her co-worker had about $200 dollars worth, but that she was not there today. Anyway... the teller gave me her co-workers name and the times she would be in, so I stopped back today. When I approached the teller who supposedly had $200 in halves she said she didn't have any, but she did have 100 "BIG DOLLARS". ??? ??? ??? I'm now thinking about finding Morgan and Peace Dollars in the mix (forgetting about the Ike Dollars) so I told her I would take them all. (BTW the coins were in a plastic bag I suppose from the machine) Anyway... I get into the car and take a look, and to my surprise (and luck) they were all Ike Dollars. :( I have never found an Ike Dollar in circulation, so I thought they were pretty cool. :)

46- Bicentennials
54- Common Dates

My question is... SHOULD I KEEP THEM?
I ask this question because I see some ridiculous prices on Ebay such as....


http://cgi.ebay.com/100-1-REAL-SILV...em&pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4150f47b00

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-MIXED-DATE-...em&pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item5193cda3a0

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collection-100-...em&pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1c13e16865

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-ASST-IKE-EI...em&pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item35aa94e921
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
"Taking a week or longer to pay for an item is unacceptable! Once the non-paying process has been started, I will NOt close it. I am sick of people buying and not paying or paying slow! $5.00 postage. 7 day return privilege. " pulled from second link, i feel most of these auctions go unpaid. but if you want try to ebay them or try to craigslist them
 
If a local coin dealer has a buyer, they may give you a little premium for them. Variation collectors like to get all they can.
 
nice! i always save ikes, cuz they r something i never get in my area of the country...once in a blue (never silver colored) moon, i will find a bank that has 1-2, i think once i found a bank that had 9...that is the most at one bank ive found all @ once...so, if u have the $$$ to save them, i would, but if u need the money sell them, or send them to me free of charge :laughing9: good luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom