What's new

$1000 bag of Halves results - March 5th, 2010

atx_kt

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
$1000 bag of Halves results - March 5th, 2010

It was difficult to get the bag, and the bank manager said this would be a one time courtesy and then no more bags.

Netted only one Ben, a Susan B. Anthony, 2 1987 D's, a 2002 S, plus a handful of foreign coins.

Hard to believe not one 40% coin in the bag! ???
 

Attachments

  • SDC10877.webp
    SDC10877.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 564
  • SDC10878.webp
    SDC10878.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 565
  • SDC10879.webp
    SDC10879.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0
Usually a machine bag will be far better than that. Must be some CRHers in your area using it for dumps. Did you see any marked up halves in there?

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
Usually a machine bag will be far better than that. Must be some CRHers in your area using it for dumps. Did you see any marked up halves in there?

Jim

Jim,

You are probably right about somebody using that machine for their dumps.

I saw a few marked halves in there.
 
I might be mistaken but I believe the 10 Pesos silver coin sells for around $5 dollars.
 
Interesting mix. The mexican coin looks part silver. What year is it?

Golden Silver
 
TheRatPatrol said:
I might be mistaken but I believe the 10 Pesos silver coin sells for around $5 dollars.

I think that 10 new pesos is worth 79 cents. I don't think any of those coins are silver. The older "un peso" coins are pretty much worthless. Here is a good site to see pictures of world coins and figure out if they are worth more than face value. Old Mexican coins (old pesos) were devalued many years ago and are pretty much worthless now. I've got a bunch of them.

http://worldcoingallery.com/index.php
 
TheRatPatrol said:
I might be mistaken but I believe the 10 Pesos silver coin sells for around $5 dollars.

Wow, thanks for letting me know that, I was unaware!

It is a 1995 10 Nuevo Pesos coin with a ( 1/6oz ) .925 silver center. :icon_thumright:
 
atx_kt said:
TheRatPatrol said:
I might be mistaken but I believe the 10 Pesos silver coin sells for around $5 dollars.

Wow, thanks for letting me know that, I was unaware!

It is a 1995 10 Nuevo Pesos coin with a ( 1/6oz ) .925 silver center. :icon_thumright:

Mexico makes a modern coin with AG in it? You sure about that?
 
AGCoinHunter said:
atx_kt said:
TheRatPatrol said:
I might be mistaken but I believe the 10 Pesos silver coin sells for around $5 dollars.

Wow, thanks for letting me know that, I was unaware!

It is a 1995 10 Nuevo Pesos coin with a ( 1/6oz ) .925 silver center. :icon_thumright:

Mexico makes a modern coin with AG in it? You sure about that?

It looks like he is right according to Wikipedia. And here I thought all Mexican coins were worthless... :wink:
 
I thought I saw the glint of silver. Arrrr maytee you can't get anything past these pirate eyes. ARrr beee darrr :icon_pirat: Ok , pirate eye.

Golden Silver
 
I am from Mexico. The center it is not silver.

Wiki is wrong

DW
 
I have about 10 of these on my desk at work

DW
 

Attachments

  • Picture 003.webp
    Picture 003.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 291
Darth Walker said:
I am from Mexico. The center it is not silver.

Wiki is wrong

DW

Hmmm.. so am I now back to assuming that all Mexican coins are worthless (just like American clad)?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom