$1000 Boxes?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Was finalizing a loan at my credit union and before I left I asked if they could order me any $500 half boxes. She checked and said "No. We can only order $1,000 boxes". Is there such a thing or did she mean $1,000 was her minimum order quantity? If there are $1,000 boxes I don't see this girl being able to carry one! But the good news is she can order as many as I want on Mondays and I can pick them up on Wednesdays. So I think my Chase skunk streak that got me out of searching last winter is about to end... Still have a good dump bank with a free coin counter in lobby. I told the Credit Union that I would not bring the coins back to them and she said "You can if you want, we have a free coin counter, it is no problem". She may regret saying that, and I don't want to invoke a chat from the manager, but nice to know.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never heard of or seen a $1000 box, so its likely just a $1000 minimum. That seems to be pretty standard.

I have an order bank that is also a dump bank. They volunteered to do it, and they've done it for nearly a year now with no complaints. Every bank within several miles of me uses Loomis so I have no choice but to dump back into my own supply. Because of that, its perfect for me. One stop dump and pick up. However, if you have the opportunity to get the rejects out of your system by dumping elsewhere, you might want to do that. It would have to increase your odds of finding silver by not having the chance of getting some of your rejects back.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
She may have meant a $1,000 bag. I say this because the teller at my local C.U. did the exact same thing to me when I asked about halves. I ordered the $1,000 "box" and wasnt sure what to expect. When I went to pick it up, it was the $1000 bag you hear some people talking about. I do not order bags anymore because I couldnt get the skunk smell out of my house for months. So I stick to boxes. good luck

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've asked before also and had to order a thousand but they came in 2 500$ boxes.. kinda wierd

OP
OP
RW

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I will find out next Wednesday and let you guys know! They had never been asked about halves before and I am sure they would save all of the loose ones for me too if I asked. Thanks for the info.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RW said:
Well I will find out next Wednesday and let you guys know! They had never been asked about halves before and I am sure they would save all of the loose ones for me too if I asked. Thanks for the info.

Then by all means ask! :icon_thumleft:

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
It's unlikely that the halves will come in any container holding $1000, because of the weight.

My girl-tellers groan lifting $500.

Keep on Rollin' !

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gold dollars come in $1000 boxes, make sure she didn't misunderstand you.

OP
OP
RW

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I picked up the 2 $500 boxes yesterday. Ran out of time about halfway through and looking like a skunk. What is it with 1993D halves? They all look shiny and new with little wear and the edges don't show the obvious look of clad. They jump out at you. Probably got about 20 of them so far... ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions