What's new

1000 Ikes - What to do?

alabamadan

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2005
Messages
457
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey y'all. Like my subject says. I've got about 1000 Ike dollars. I've already been through them, found one 73 Silver. Filled up my Ike book all I could, not I've got to get rid of the rest. Should I just dump them at the bank or is there a way to get more than $1 each for them. They do seem rarer than Kennedy Halves and seems a shame to just dump them.
 
Upvote 0
Make sure the machine accepts them if you decide to dump, my bank does not take them in their machine.
 
Try Ringling Brothers and Barnun and E-BAY!!! I here there a sucker born every minute over there and they will pay top dollar for anything!
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
some dealers pay $1.10-$1.90 per coin...hope this helps.
Someone posted a dealer while ago who buys them for .90 cents and sells them for more of course. :dontknow:
 
.90 ! :tongue3: I can always get face at the bank. I rolled 'em up today. I don't know why, but I still like them. I guess it's the size or something.
 
alabamadan said:
.90 ! :tongue3: I can always get face at the bank. I rolled 'em up today. I don't know why, but I still like them. I guess it's the size or something.
My wife like's them too we have near 200 she will not let me dump- though have left a dew for tips ; who knows maybe some unforeseen day they may be worth more than a $ .
 
I've seen common Ike dollars sell for 3Xf at country auction, I've seen them advertised locally for $5 ea. I always trade 'em for paper money or pay at drive-thru's.
1000 Ikes in a bag would also make a great ballast weight, or even boat anchor! ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom