What's new

$1000 in dimes and a bit of a scare

santafeboy

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
596
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
At the first bank they didnt have the usual $500 clear plastic wrap dimes only 2 $250 boxes of paper wrapped dimes so I got them As I opened the first box a bit of momentary horror as I see numerous mint 2010s on each roll end of most of the box next box similar However I did manage to pull out between these 2 boxes 1 1960 1 1961 and 1 1964. Next bank had a $500 box of clear plastic wraps so easy and quick to search I found 1 1963 and 1 1964 as well a Singapore 10 cents. At all the purchace and dump banks as well as a few others I asked for halves and struck out a total of $3.50 all clad junk but whos complaining 5 silvers in $1000 is pretty nice
 
Upvote 0
The first few times I saw bright and shinny dimes after opening a box I was disappointed. i opened them all anyway and found them to be well worth the time. I have had many new looking boxes lately, but when I get going they seem to produce just as well as dirty boxes. 2 boxes that looked completely new had 5 silvers each a few weeks ago.

Great finds! Keep it up...
 
Update The $500 box turned out to be a skunk, however I did find a mint 1987 P, Also after dumping half of this stuff at lunchtime I stopped by another bank that had $65 in halfs and found a 1981 S proof and a 2001 S proof in near mint condition not silver but Ill keep them
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom