What's new

$1090 searched, silver including walker, proof, pics of my partner in crime

utah hunter

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
724
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Today I picked up my 2 boxes I had ordered from my CU and also stopped at a local bank and they had $90 in halves so I picked them up. The $90 produced the same number of silver coins at 4 as the 2 boxes! I am going to build a good relationship with this bank, I have been there twice with good results. It may not be as good as LJ's bank, but it is all mine. My 15 year old son(pictured with the 2180 halves we went through) has been helping me go through the rolls, and I was glad he got the roll that had the WL half in it, he was on cloud nine. I am 100% sure the WL was one that had been found metal detecting, so I guess I found it the second time ;). The proof coin is a 2000-s. We totaled 3 90%, 5 40%, the 2000-s, 2 2005-p, 2 2005-d, and 2006 p and d. Thanks for looking...Ryan
 

Attachments

  • detecting 327.webp
    detecting 327.webp
    24 KB · Views: 369
  • detecting 349.webp
    detecting 349.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 382
  • detecting 369.webp
    detecting 369.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
awhitster said:
Why do you think the WL was found MDing?

I actually cleaned it up with a cleaner called MS 70 for the pic, but the way it was tarnished and some long dried up dirt in the right places left no doubt. I have found 2 WL halves metal detecting and it was the identical look. I don't know if it was the finder that turned it in, but I doubt it. It was more likely stolen or inherited and turned in. I have had some of my metal detecting silver coins stolen, so maybe I am getting paid back??? ;)
 
utah hunter said:
awhitster said:
Why do you think the WL was found MDing?

I actually cleaned it up with a cleaner called MS 70 for the pic, but the way it was tarnished and some long dried up dirt in the right places left no doubt. I have found 2 WL halves metal detecting and it was the identical look. I don't know if it was the finder that turned it in, but I doubt it. It was more likely stolen or inherited and turned in. I have had some of my metal detecting silver coins stolen, so maybe I am getting paid back??? ;)
Good Karma got you a coin back. For ease of mind lets say it was inherited and turned in.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom