What's new

10th And Final Soccer Field Hunt - The Total Is In

piggman1

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I went and finished the soccer field this morning. Some polecat had beat me to my last area, but that's OK, they didn't find it all. I ended up finding a small amount of change, but as if to say goodbye, it's been nice, the field gave up one more silver ring and a John Adams dollar. That's the first John Adams I've seen. Anyway, I'm through with this one for now and I hope you all have enjoyed the search along with me. As the saying goes, "I'll be back!" The totals are posted on the Ariel photo.
 

Attachments

  • Soccer Photo.webp
    Soccer Photo.webp
    131 KB · Views: 726
  • 10th Soccer Field.webp
    10th Soccer Field.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 722
  • 10th Soccer Field2.webp
    10th Soccer Field2.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 716
  • TOTAL RINGS SOCCER FIELD.webp
    TOTAL RINGS SOCCER FIELD.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 707
Upvote 0
Excellent piggy!!!!! Ten rings and lots of coin too.
Real impressive how you carved up that field.....
Great diggs.

Keep safe...
 
That field was VERY nice to you...and just think, you can go back nest year and hunt it!!
 
What a great place that was, congrats on the loot and the silver bootie!!

What was your total coin count and money amount?

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Total coins: 307
Total Value: $34.16
I forgot to enter the John Adams in the count on the picture.
It took 10 days, a couple of hours each day.
 
I love that little corner area you left un-searched for someone else, your such a humanitarian, ;) Excellant job on mapping out that field and letting us follow along. How long did the search take from start to finish? Like others I am curious of the total you found there. Nice digging. HH
Jim
 
Move the slider bar at the bottom of the pictures and you can see on the right side of the area photo the tallies of the finds.
 
Thanks for showing how you hunted that field. It was both entertaining and educational!

Looking forward to the new one!


Congratulations!



Ridley
 
Great totals Piggman! I knew it would give you at least one more silver ring ::) How long are you going to just let that last spot sit? If no one has gotten to it by now it is yours...what if there is a gold ring in there? I couldn't let it go without looking. :D
 
Like making good beer or sour dough bread, allways leave a little of the old. It will only make next time better.
 
Nice finds PM, That ring is a beauty.
 
That was cool. I know where I aint going next, You got em all!
 
There has never been anything here except for a big ranch, and I don't mean a working ranch. There was nothing but rocks and Cedar trees and just plain rough ground. I grew up out here and everywhere I hunt is fairly new, that is within the last 30 years or so. I grew up with all the "cedar choppers" and hill people, and still remember some of their feuds. All of them are gone, all of their places are under houses in subdivisions, nothing "old" is around here anymore. I don't mind progress, but civilization sucks!
 
Nice finds and totals Piggman! I have yet to hit a local soccer field, last attempt they were practicing. Germans do not lose much but it dates back to an early American army post and before that a German WWII army post and before that, 2000 years of Celtic and Roman activity. I probably will not find anything as it is just not happening here, LOL. HH and congrats on the finds, Mike
 
dang, i should do something like that.....i applaud your stamina and ability to stay in the same place

HH
-GC
 
lots of silver no gold, whats with that????
 
good job cuttin up that field! Thanks for the cool posts with the pics, well done!
 
piggman1 said:
Total coins: 307
Total Value: $34.16
I forgot to enter the John Adams in the count on the picture.
It took 10 days, a couple of hours each day.

Ok let me see....a PCV of 11.12 your per coin average was above 10 cents a coin! Were you skipping pennies at all? I have a local park that always takes care of me with quarters but I also dig all the pennies in between. Great pcv! :)
 
I have my detector set to discriminate out zinc pennies, so I get very few. I get all of the pre 1982 copper and some of those. I get tired of digging half eaten up coins. Other than that, I get everything else. Thanks for totaling for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom