What's new

1173 Wheats + 1941 Double Clip

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I was sick Wednesday, so I stayed home from school (12 days left of my senior year btw). But, I knew I would be bored and went to a bank that is normally closed by the time I get out of school. It is the same one where I got a 100+ war nickel hoard. They said they had $160 in pennies and $200 in dimes. I bought it all. This breaks my record for most coins in a day. The dimes had squat, but I continued through the pennies. It looked like a sucky batch, longs strings of searched rolls, all solid copper. There must have been a ton of wheats in that jar. It picked up with some wheats here and there, plus some old canadians and a good pace of extra pennies and dimes. I had a neat pile of wheats when I had a small pile of roles left to go, then all the sudden (you know where this is going), I got role after role of wheats. It is now Sunday after many hours of sorting and recording and I finally got them done. It was a weird bunch, only 1940's to 1950's wheats, P and D (the s ones probably came from other rolls). I also got a double clipped 1941 wheat. I've only gotten one other clipped coin, and now I got two on the same coin 8) . And for those who like numbers:

date none d s can't tell
1936 1 0
1937 1 0
1940 29 1
1941 55 2
1942 41 9
1943 0 0
1944 89 18
1945 56 10 2
1946 84 23
1947 5 17
1948 6 9
1949 9 8 1
1950 23 46
1951 9 53
1952 6 63
1953 6 82
1954 0 41
1955 9 77
1956 14 97
1957 0 107
1958 26 36
none 2
469 699 2 3 1173
can
1940 2
1947norm 1
1951 1
1954 2
1956 2
1958 3
1959 3
other
1941 double clipped planchet (not included above)
mason cs
9 dimes

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3724.webp
    IMG_3724.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_3726.webp
    IMG_3726.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_3717.webp
    IMG_3717.webp
    91 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
Goldencoin, the Finder of Hordes!
 
Sweat monkey juice, man! That is INTENSE!

Very nice work... I'm sure you are glad you bought all the pennies. =)

One heck of a find, and grats on almost being done with school as well!

~Dave
 
You the man! :thumbsup:
 
Very nice pickup!
 
Dam

I searched Ann Arbor several times the last 3 years. Guess I should have asked for more than just Half Dollars. :dontknow:

Congratulations on another Hoard.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom