What's new

12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
6,338
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Attachments

  • Dirty T.webp
    Dirty T.webp
    79 KB · Views: 7,967
  • Dirty.webp
    Dirty.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 7,875
  • July 28th T.webp
    July 28th T.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 7,828
  • July 28 F.webp
    July 28 F.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 7,758
  • 11 rings F.webp
    11 rings F.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings T.webp
    11 rings T.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 7,832
  • Keepers.webp
    Keepers.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 7,625
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
:thumbsup: Way to go Bobbydoo, I've been wondering where you were. Well it looks like your off to a Great start. Hope to see more like that this year from you. Welcome back.
 
:hello: Bdoo! I know you're there. :hello:

This is an old post, finderzzs.....two years old. Somebody brought it back to life. :tard:
 
That is one hell of a productive day, amazing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom