What's new

12 stars Gold plated early Navy button

70monte68

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
806
Reaction score
544
Golden Thread
1
Location
PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Hey all.

After a lot of yard work and replacing a shut off valve that froze and split over the winter I figured it was my time. I ended up going to an old home site close to home. I figured it would have been pounded but, it was not. As soon as I started I found two coppers less than 2' apart, I'm not sure of the dates but they look like Matron heads. Then I pulled out a beautiful and I think very early Gold plated Navy button. It is a one piece, twelve stars, gold plated eagle with the anchor in the shield and no makers mark. Finished the day with a few more buttons and another toasted copper that looks like it may be a draped bust.


If someone could help with iding this navy button please do I did not find it in Warren Tices button book unless I missed it.


Thanks,
Don
 

Attachments

  • toasted coppers 005.webp
    toasted coppers 005.webp
    141.9 KB · Views: 146
  • toasted coppers 003.webp
    toasted coppers 003.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 143
  • toasted coppers 001.webp
    toasted coppers 001.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 123
  • toasted coppers 002.webp
    toasted coppers 002.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 121
  • toasted coppers 006.webp
    toasted coppers 006.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 132
  • toasted coppers 004.webp
    toasted coppers 004.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 16
My friend found one last Thursday, and we haven't had any luck IDing it.

DSCN0733.webp

Yours is much nicer, but same button? We've been told, (1) Early, Rev War Militia (2) 1820s Navy, (3) "Early" Navy.
 
Now that I see these in the same thread, they are NOT the same. Shield is straighter on yours. They are awfully close though . . .
 
I see yours also has 16 stars. Sweet find though
 
Can anyone id this?
 
Albert's NA 61. Tice just doesn't have the early buttons. You need to get Albert's.
 
Awesome button!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom