14 articles of faith

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
ShortStack,

Thanks for the links. If I can use them and prove or disprove a theory I am working on I will let you know!

Oddrock

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Well was it 14, or 7..or.... lol
Perhaps you will find that iconography on a colonial church. They are fascinating ..what you run across as church decoration - even if you do not find the articles plastered or carved into the walls.

These are passion symbols or mnenomics for example.

Coixtlahuaca_Passion Iconography
Coixtlahuaca_Passion_Iconography.jpg

If it is in a codex..perhaps the Floerentine would be a good one to start with.

Here is a link to most if not all Aztec codices.

http://www.river-styx.net/aztec-codex.htm

Good luck..I think it will be a search..lest someone has that knowledge already.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Gosh, dm - that's a very good insight. By the way, nearly all of the Aztec codexes were destroyed by the church as works of the devil. Too bad more weren't saved. Hmmm ..... maybe some were.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
DM,

Thanks for the info, I will be spending some time on research.

Oddrock

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Aw Steve,

A pity indeed. One hopes they had time and the foresight to stash or carry those to a safe place. So much history gone.

It is true the codices at that link are post colonial. I vaguely remember fragments of one pre-colonial codex have been found and published...but beyond that....

There is just the softest of whispers of a story of that mysterious..one....very interesting indeed.. precolonial codex..whose trail seems to have ended and disappeared at some university here in the U.S.

Hmmm..now that is one codex I would like to see. I'm glad you posted as I had forgotten about that and lost what scanty information I had on it. I would think it would explain a whole lot.

Got a link? hehehe

Attachments

• friarsburningbooksandgods.jpg
    friarsburningbooksandgods.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 674
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks CW0909 for the additional links.

I will be a little more specific in what I believe I am searching for. The 14 articles of Faith as documented in the Archivo de Indias located in Seville, Spain. I would like to check my copy for accuracy.

Oddrock

oh so much to learn yet, try this, as im not sure what im looking for, you will have to
use google, or whichever to translate,
http://pares.mcu.es/

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddrock and cw:
If you go to that site (http://pares.mcu.es/ ) using Internet Explorer; click on the tab, "Page" at the top, then select "All Accelerators", in the drop down box, then select "Translate with bing", and that drop down box will have many languages and can also be used for automatic translations. This is with IE8 that I have. The older IE may not have those plug-ins.

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
DM,
My seven with a pull sign looks a lot like the symbol on the church wall. I wonder what it means?
okey dokey

Attachments

• SEVEN.JPG
    SEVEN.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 604
  • sevenpull.jpg
    sevenpull.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 581
  • SEVEN.JPG
    SEVEN.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 600
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Shortstack,

Thanks for the info...it is so good to have people that share info on how to search. A year back I did not know how to post pictures or draw around parts of them. I wish to thank everyone for their sharing!

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
It seems that everything that interests me the most is UNAVAILABLE on the portal. My info is from old hand drawn figures and notes. I will share a little and see where it leads us.

Oddrock

Attachments

• SCAN0175.JPG
    SCAN0175.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 484

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddrock:
My eyes are watering now, but I finally figured out what this piece says. It seems that there are a few words missing, but here's what it says:

Old Mexican Picture Writing Roman Catiscism subject to the conquest by Cortez. Cortez had no reguard for any religions that were based Orthodox religion Christainity and buried all books and manuscripts he could find where he conquard Mexico and there are only 9 copies left that are known today and one of the manuscripts are on short-pieces and it is fastened together and it is 14 feet long and the following is a copy of the anticut Astic and Mexican

If you have more information on the location Cortez supposedly buried those articles, they would be very valuable historically and to collectors. BUT, if the stuff is in Mexico, forget it and go to something else. Too danged dangerous down there to go poking around asking questions.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
Oddrock:
My eyes are watering now, but I finally figured out what this piece says. It seems that there are a few words missing, but here's what it says:

Old Mexican Picture Writing Roman Catiscism subject to the conquest by Cortez. Cortez had no reguard for any religions that were based Orthodox religion Christainity and buried all books and manuscripts he could find where he conquard Mexico and there are only 9 copies left that are known today and one of the manuscripts are on short-pieces and it is fastened together and it is 14 feet long and the following is a copy of the anticut Astic and Mexican

If you have more information on the location Cortez supposedly buried those articles, they would be very valuable historically and to collectors. BUT, if the stuff is in Mexico, forget it and go to something else. Too danged dangerous down there to go poking around asking questions.

SS
I am in agreement with what the statement says....toward the end, the "Astic" I think he meant to be Aztec, and was just misspelled. The "anticut" preceding not so sure about.
I make absolutely no claim to know the location of the buried articles and if I did I would not be posting it on a public, hackable web site. :laughing9:
If it is in Mexico and I had the proof and you wanted to go/come down and look-see :dontknow: I agree it is too dangerous at this time. I would not want to end up "head less" so.....I will wait and see? Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
okey dokey said:
OR,
I wonder if "anticut" is a bad spelling for "ancient"?

Okey Dokey
Ancient is what I had jotted down....probably because part of the letters matched and it made sense?

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Pertaining to Diety

Attachments

• SCAN0176.JPG
    SCAN0176.JPG