What's new

14 hours of driving, 18 hours of looking.....

Twitch

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
2,359
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Found a handful of pieces this last weekend. About a half dozen points, nothing great but definitely good enough. 3 of the points are flintridge, a Hopewell, a pentagonal and a tiny brewerton. Also found an exceptional Hopewell bladelet. Found a hafted scraper and about 20 or so brokes. The large bifurcated Kirk would have been a winner.

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • P1100857.webp
    P1100857.webp
    384.7 KB · Views: 242
  • P1100846.webp
    P1100846.webp
    536.2 KB · Views: 206
  • P1100850.webp
    P1100850.webp
    485.1 KB · Views: 214
  • P1100851.webp
    P1100851.webp
    481.5 KB · Views: 210
  • P1100853.webp
    P1100853.webp
    501.3 KB · Views: 219
  • P1100854.webp
    P1100854.webp
    434.6 KB · Views: 194
  • P1100855.webp
    P1100855.webp
    438.3 KB · Views: 202
  • P1100856.webp
    P1100856.webp
    452.4 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
Great job twitch, nice finds, love those in situ pics.
Thanks for sharing!
BCI
 
Got some good ones I see. So what is the banded rock in the first pic? Nice color on it. I hope you got some sleep before you drove home. So where did you find them you didnt say?
 
That was a long drive. If you have a strong arm PM me. I think I am a lot closer than that. Nice group of artifacts overall.
 
Nice. I always liked the brewertons. That is a lot of driving.
 
Thats dedication, you got some nice ones there, nice to see some fridge here on tnet.
 
Found in Ohio and West Virginia. The banded piece is a piece of slate that is unworked. It came off a site that produced a beautiful Hopewell pendant about 2 years ago so it got my heart pumping.

Catherine1 - I'll send you a PM. I can dig all day and don't mind the drive.

I'm a fan of in-situ's and I took a lot more than this but all the one's I took with my phone I can't figure out how to get the GPS info off the picture, not that it really matters I guess.
 
nice finds i know where those came from
 
Awesome haul Twitch....................GTP
 
nice finds i know where those came from

Ha ha! I bet you're right! The flint types (there are 5 I can identify in the picture) or the point types themselves each are pretty diagnostic of the area.

Happy hunting Wildman.
 
Did you 2 do a hunt?
 
No, never met the guy, unless he's one of the two guys I ran into this weekend hunting. But the material of the black point at top center, the broken Kirk below it and the piece to it's left are a very specific type of flint that comes from a limited area. Combine that with the Flint Ridge, the Upper Mercer and the Crookesville, then make all of the points either Hopewell's, Ft Ancient, Pentagonal's, Brewerton's and Kirks and WVWildman has accurately deduced that most of these can from his home state, and I don't doubt he could get a lot more specific : ) WV has been very kind to me over the years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom