What's new

14K GS ?????

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a necklace & bracelet set at a yard sale for 50 cents. Both are marked 14K GS. What the heck does the GS stand for? 43.7 grams total weight. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1874.webp
    IMG_1874.webp
    385.2 KB · Views: 379
I've never seen that mark before. A look on the internet seems to come up with the general consensus that the GS means 'gold shell' which I guess is a fancy word for plated
 
Upvote 0
Thanks jewelerguy! I had never seen the mark before either. It is a nice necklace and bracelet set so it should bring a few dollars even if plated.
 
Upvote 0
Just wondering if a magnet sticks to it? Might be solid gold and the GS is the makers mark. I would have pounced on that for certain!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom