What's new

14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Long story short, the next door neighbor to my girlfriend's mom had thrown her wedding band off her finger and into their yard roughly 3 years ago, and upon hearing that I had a metal detector, my girlfriend's mom told me about this. I said I thought I could find it if they let me look with the detector. So the first two times I tried, I didnt' get there until nighttime, and with moths and bugs going after the flashlight I had it wasn't very efficient detecting. The third time I tried it was afternoon, and the family's kids were enthralled with the detector, and I literally couldn't swing it because I had kids on each side of me awaiting the treasures I may dig up!

So, the 4th time, I decided I needed to get serious and try to find this thing, since I judged it couldn't be anywhere other than this yard (road was too far, yard was fairly large). So I get to it, detect for maybe an hour and a half, digging up EVERY signal. Finally come upon a somewhat broken up signal in the +15 area on my White's XLT, dug it, and found the ring. I took some pics of it still in the ground, and some of it out. The neighbor was SOOOO excited I had found it for her. I even got a $40 reward which I refused, but in the end it was basically forced upon me so I accepted it. Also pulled a little over a dollar in clad and a 1985 dog license from an area 150 miles from here. Who knows on that one!

leislsring003.jpg

leislsring001.jpg

0901071556a.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Way to go! You Pittsburgh guys are the best! ;D
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Excellent find and great story.
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

way to go.....maybe the owner has other property you can detect or relatives that might have old property that you can detect now.
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

That's the way...the way...the way...we like it!!! A-ha A-ha. :o
Really nice ring!!!
Rob
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Great job! Nothing wrong with accepting a reward. If you lost a ring or something, who could you call to help you? I have helped several people find things, they found me on the fields detecting driving by. My most memorable find for a person was for a farmer who lost a front drive shaft of a tractor, value was $600.00, I accepted a $6.00 reward for gas and a pound of cheese from where my family name originates in Germany, LOL. HH, Mike
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

that's a great story thanks for shareing

jim
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Rings can be tough to find; more so under pressure. Great you got the job done and was rightly rewarded. With the high cost of equipment, IMO there is absolutely no shame in accepting payment for digs! :)

GRB
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

OH, and right after digging up the ring, I went back to my girlfriend's mom's yard and pulled a 1945 Quarter. Had a nice silver/gold day.
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Congrats on finding the ring. It's nice when you can do something like that.
 
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Cool deal. WTG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom