Fropa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2007
- Messages
- 511
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
My regular Thursday box was another skunk so I convinced my wife we should take a trip to look at the fall leaves and stop at some banks. I took $1,500 with us to start with. I planned a basic "V" shaped route with a town that had a branch I was a member of at the farthest point in case I had luck on the way down. Most of the towns we went through were 1 bank towns with under 700 people.
Bank 1 was a first for me. They had a bag of just over $600 but had to call the main branch to see if they could sell them to me. The main branch told them no because they needed them. I asked why they would need them since almost nobody uses halves anymore. She told me they give halves as much as possible there and at the main branch and the customers really like it. She said they would have to pay to order them so they couldn't give me the bag. She did have $300 in rolls that said I could have. If the story is true I thinks it's cool that they want to actually use the halves, although I would have like to get the bag. No keepers in the rolls.
Bank 2 $40 with no keepers
Bank 3 had no halves
Bank 4 was another fun one. I asked the teller if they had any halves and as always got asked how many I wanted. I told her I'd take all she was willing to give me. She started smiling and never stopped. She went back in the vault and came out with a $500 bag and $100 in rolls and asked which I wanted. I told her I'd take both if it was OK. She said sure and was kind of laughing. I think she was waiting someone with a camera to jump out and tell her she was punked. As I was giving her the money another teller walked by and said she wasn't going to be sad to see that bag of halves go. The bag had 1 54 Franklin and 2x67
Bank 5 was the one one I'm a member of. I already used $940 of my $1,500 so I bought their $170 in halves and got another $1,000 in cash. No keepers here.
Banks 6 and 7 had none
Bank 8 had $100 with no keepers
Bank 9 had $60 with 1x68-D and 2x69-D
Bank 10 had $15 with no keepers
Bank 11 had $104.50 with 2x64 and 1x68-D
Bank 12 had a bag of $578 from their machine with 1x64, 1x65, 1x66, 1x68-D, 1x69-D, and 1x03-D
Bank 13 had $61 with no keepers
Bank 14 sold me a $500 Fed box which had a 74-D DDO but no silver
Bank 15 had $80 with 1x66, 3x67, and 3x69-D
Here is the total bought
and here are the keepers
After finding $2,608.50 in halves I was hoping for a better keeper percentage, but 21 silver is better than a skunk any day.
Bank 1 was a first for me. They had a bag of just over $600 but had to call the main branch to see if they could sell them to me. The main branch told them no because they needed them. I asked why they would need them since almost nobody uses halves anymore. She told me they give halves as much as possible there and at the main branch and the customers really like it. She said they would have to pay to order them so they couldn't give me the bag. She did have $300 in rolls that said I could have. If the story is true I thinks it's cool that they want to actually use the halves, although I would have like to get the bag. No keepers in the rolls.
Bank 2 $40 with no keepers
Bank 3 had no halves
Bank 4 was another fun one. I asked the teller if they had any halves and as always got asked how many I wanted. I told her I'd take all she was willing to give me. She started smiling and never stopped. She went back in the vault and came out with a $500 bag and $100 in rolls and asked which I wanted. I told her I'd take both if it was OK. She said sure and was kind of laughing. I think she was waiting someone with a camera to jump out and tell her she was punked. As I was giving her the money another teller walked by and said she wasn't going to be sad to see that bag of halves go. The bag had 1 54 Franklin and 2x67
Bank 5 was the one one I'm a member of. I already used $940 of my $1,500 so I bought their $170 in halves and got another $1,000 in cash. No keepers here.
Banks 6 and 7 had none
Bank 8 had $100 with no keepers
Bank 9 had $60 with 1x68-D and 2x69-D
Bank 10 had $15 with no keepers
Bank 11 had $104.50 with 2x64 and 1x68-D
Bank 12 had a bag of $578 from their machine with 1x64, 1x65, 1x66, 1x68-D, 1x69-D, and 1x03-D
Bank 13 had $61 with no keepers
Bank 14 sold me a $500 Fed box which had a 74-D DDO but no silver
Bank 15 had $80 with 1x66, 3x67, and 3x69-D
Here is the total bought
and here are the keepers
After finding $2,608.50 in halves I was hoping for a better keeper percentage, but 21 silver is better than a skunk any day.
Upvote
0








