15 degrees, but some civil war lead and a nice 1818 LC warm me up!!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I texted a detecting buddy of mine yesterday morning and asked him if he wanted to brave the cold and snow and he said we can give it a try! He had a new spot that's pretty close to the third battle of Winchester so we figured we would get some cw goodies.

I started off the hunt with a couple .58 cal Gardner's and a couple frozen fingers as well!! I went into a field in front of the owners house and stumbled upon a really nice 1818 large cent, I think the condition of it would have turned out better but I dropped it in the snow and the moisture dried it out a bit. Oh well, still nice for 201 years in the ground!! We then went to the back field where I found a sharps and a 3 ringer. Flat button was at one of my spots we went to after. Not a bad start to the new year! Thanks for looking and HH!

ForumRunner_20140104_101507.png

ForumRunner_20140104_101457.png

ForumRunner_20140104_101447.pngO

ForumRunner_20140104_101328.png

Upvote 6
Nice way to start the year, digging a very nice LC. Congrats.

I'd say that's a good start! LC's are nice to find.especially one in good shape. Congrats and just think...the year is only beginning

Nice, congrats! We're you getting the cow to help you dig?

1818 large cent, I think the condition of it would have turned out better but I dropped it in the snow and the moisture dried it out a bit. Oh well, still nice for 201 years in the ground!!

Nice LC! But hard to imagine it was dropped in 1813 :-).

You are def, HARDCORE IMO to get out in those temps,
Love the Gardners & great LC.
Davers

You are def, HARDCORE IMO to get out in those temps,
Love the Gardners & great LC.
Davers

I was frozen, but the ground was nice and soft in the fields. It actually wasn't bad when the wind wasn't blowing. Just had to dress warm!

Beats me Matt as I dug a .58 3 ringer & .69 cal. ball scouting today but it was a little above freezing. Nice LC. WTG, Q.

Beats me Matt as I dug a .58 3 ringer & .69 cal. ball scouting today but it was a little above freezing. Nice LC. WTG, Q.

It's okay, Quindy. My friend got skunked and it was his site. lol I felt kinda bad, but finders keepers as they say!

Sweet finds!

Nice score on the L.C ,but your detecting buddy is kind of hairy ~ ha ha

Nice score on the L.C ,but your detecting buddy is kind of hairy ~ ha ha

Yes, a little hairy but he keeps me warm in times like those!

Nice Cw finds and congrats on the large cent.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back