utah hunter
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2007
- Messages
- 724
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Utah county, Utah
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
We picked up our 2 boxes today and my son chose which one he got to search. There was no apparent difference between the 2 but I should have known it was his day. My box had a whopping 2003-d half dollar. The skunk smell is still exuding from what little hair I have left.
I taught my son to check both sides of the rolls before he opens them because it would make a cool picture to have a silver half still in a sealed roll. He starts laughing and I thought he was kidding again. That was until he showed me a beautiful 1948 Franklin half right there on the end of the roll. He is still looking at the roll ends and says "what the heck?" I am like OK, lets see. He proceeds to show me the eagle on the back of a WL half. Then he finds a 1967 on a roll end. Wouldn't you know there was only one silver coin in his box that wasn't on the end of a roll. Of course it was a SEMI-KEY 1933-s WL half! Only 4 silver, but 3 true beauties. He also had 2 2006-p halves to throw in a few modern finds.
It was fun seeing him make the finds and savor the moment. He also likes metal detecting so we have a blast treasure hunting together. He is the oldest of 5 kids so the others are showing interest but lacking some of the skill and patience for the long term grind of the hobby, but it will come. Thanks for looking...Ryan
I taught my son to check both sides of the rolls before he opens them because it would make a cool picture to have a silver half still in a sealed roll. He starts laughing and I thought he was kidding again. That was until he showed me a beautiful 1948 Franklin half right there on the end of the roll. He is still looking at the roll ends and says "what the heck?" I am like OK, lets see. He proceeds to show me the eagle on the back of a WL half. Then he finds a 1967 on a roll end. Wouldn't you know there was only one silver coin in his box that wasn't on the end of a roll. Of course it was a SEMI-KEY 1933-s WL half! Only 4 silver, but 3 true beauties. He also had 2 2006-p halves to throw in a few modern finds.
It was fun seeing him make the finds and savor the moment. He also likes metal detecting so we have a blast treasure hunting together. He is the oldest of 5 kids so the others are showing interest but lacking some of the skill and patience for the long term grind of the hobby, but it will come. Thanks for looking...Ryan
Attachments
Upvote
0







