Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just realized I've now been detecting 15 years and it's insane how fast the time has gone since my 10 year post.... so here's my update which I'll always do every 5 years. I guess this will be part 1, the relics. No close up shots, will save that for when I hit 20 years and really go crazy. :)

Pic 1 is what I use to get the job done, my Explorer SE, and Ace 250 for back up. Sadly put away for the year. The shelf above is where I keep my finds through the year before they go into my cases. This is definitely the most organized I've ever been, and wish I could say the same for my coins, but that will be done this Winter... along with cleaning my iron!

Not sure what order the pics will appear in, but should be pretty straight forward. On the floor is my junk trunk, or misc. relics trunk, the ones that don't quite make the grade, but have to admit I stole from it to add some stuff to the sparsely filled mics. case shown somewhere below. Then there's my iron and bullet corner, with the trade axes on the bottom. My French marked ball is no question the best find among them. The large rectangle wood case is my better misc. relics. Then another large riker case with misc. military that also acts as my overflow when I bump a button from my other cases. Another Riker with my best designed buttons, and lastly, another with my earliest finds from early to mid. 18th century sites. Then is my 3 button cases, 2 metal black ones, and the wood is my "good case"... and has been for pretty much all of my 15 years. It's funny to think back to when I was just trying to fill it with any military. Time sure flies. One final picture is my crusty copper display, and my button jar in the middle. I would easily have a couple of those filled by now but used to sell my plain buttons. In fact, I've sold doubles of military, common relics like jews harps, and lots of "junk"... and if I still had it all I'd have a few more cases and probably a few more piles, but less is more when it's the good stuff. :)

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 378
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 369
  • r19.jpg
    r19.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 297
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 322
  • r13.jpg
    r13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 314
  • r6a.jpg
    r6a.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 309
  • r8.jpg
    r8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • r12.jpg
    r12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 306
  • r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 306
  • r9.jpg
    r9.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 343
  • r10a.jpg
    r10a.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 301
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 303
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 308
Upvote 13

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see 2 empty spots that need to be filled. :P

Get back out there :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah... I see the same... just wanted to be nice :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on patch... Lets go...
Gots spots to hunt and spots to fill...
Grab a headband light. :)

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the "2 spots" I was referring to were your Floors and walls. :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would post my collection... but...

I don't like to make others cry...
Or sell their detectors...
Or babble and stare.
Or Begin drinking heavily... which drives up the price of Alcohol.

Its a domino effect...
You know... like the butterfly effect... but with dominos... with wings. :P

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa, that's a lot of treasure. You certainly know how to display them. Most of my "relics" and I use the term loosely, are from the early 1900s, I do have some items from the 1800s. I started detecting back in May 2014. I have found some sweet coins, I am wondering what does 15 years of keepers look like:dontknow:

Thanks for taking the time an posting your amazing digs.:notworthy:

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhh, now I understand. I guess I'd be a bit of a rascal too if I had that kind of museum of accomplishment.

Happy 15th, hope the next are even more productive; I've enjoyed your style and knowledge in the 6 months I've been around.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, that's a lot of treasure. You certainly know how to display them. Most of my "relics" and I use the term loosely, are from the early 1900s, I do have some items from the 1800s. I started detecting back in May 2014. I have found some sweet coins, I am wondering what does 15 years of keepers look like:dontknow:

Thanks for taking the time an posting your amazing digs.:notworthy:

I have quite slowly worked my way to how things are now.... and am content because everything now has a place, and everything I will dig will have a place. You want to talk about a mess, check in with Ironhorse and all his years of stuff. :)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC,

Most people have to agree that IP is one of the better relic hunters out there....I just wouldn't want to inflate his ego by saying the best....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

The best is just the guy who happens to have the best site on any given day and makes the great find. I know Ironhorse and I do about as well as possible for around here, but we definitely put the effort in.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, now I understand. I guess I'd be a bit of a rascal too if I had that kind of museum of accomplishment.

Happy 15th, hope the next are even more productive; I've enjoyed your style and knowledge in the 6 months I've been around.

I'm not sure if the future years will be more productive, but I do know they will be a lot of fun!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe that many years already served!....Congrats on your many years of research and leg work...You definitely earned everyone of those finds!

Still looking for one of those marked French cannonballs ...not to mention some of those nice officer buttons!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread