What's new

Unusual Early Military Cuff link

Cape Hunter

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
305
Reaction score
1,669
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Members.
Been a while since I posted any new finds. I finally have a number of recent items to display. But will do that in a new link soon. I posted this cuff link to see if anyone has found this cuff link? I found it a site that has been a good source of late 1780's to 1820's military buttons and coins. This one surprised me LOL. Is this my first Pirate cufflink? Both buttons are in great shape. Have only done a soap and water wash. Rang a 20 on my Minelab 900. Was expecting a small musket ball or 22 shell casing. Thanks for looking!

Found this pic is from the George Washington items collection. So the button is most likely revolutionary war period.

Second image should say July 28.
 

Attachments

  • cuffling found July 28 face.webp
    cuffling found July 28 face.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 279
  • cufflink found July 26.webp
    cufflink found July 26.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 116
  • G Washington's homesite collection.webp
    G Washington's homesite collection.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 111
  • cuff link faces.webp
    cuff link faces.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Upvote 30
I found one a few years ago.

Never was able to get any answers but found something online that looked similar:

1785261346791.webp



 
Hello Members.
Been a while since I posted any new finds. I finally have a number of recent items to display. But will do that in a new link soon. I posted this cuff link to see if anyone has found this cuff link? I found it a site that has been a good source of late 1780's to 1820's military buttons and coins. This one surprised me LOL. Is this my first Pirate cufflink? Both buttons are in great shape. Have only done a soap and water wash. Rang a 20 on my Minelab 900. Was expecting a small musket ball or 22 shell casing. Thanks for looking!

Found this pic is from the George Washington items collection. So the button is most likely revolutionary war period.

Second image should say July 28.
Congratulations on your nice recoveries!!!
Thanks for sharing
 
Thank you grasshopper! I did find another image which does match.
 
I found one a few years ago.

Never was able to get any answers but found something online that looked similar:

View attachment 2261098


grasshopper, your looks to be the same as the one I found. The cannon is pretty easy to see.
 
grasshopper, your looks to be the same as the one I found. The cannon is pretty easy to see.
Agreed. For what it's worth, mine was found at a late 1700s home site owned by the first town supervisor. No military activity that I know of, but it was also used as a courthouse and jail at one point. I found a handful of military buttons there.
 
nice looking digs!! .. .. :icon_thumleft:
 
Hello Members.
Been a while since I posted any new finds. I finally have a number of recent items to display. But will do that in a new link soon. I posted this cuff link to see if anyone has found this cuff link? I found it a site that has been a good source of late 1780's to 1820's military buttons and coins. This one surprised me LOL. Is this my first Pirate cufflink? Both buttons are in great shape. Have only done a soap and water wash. Rang a 20 on my Minelab 900. Was expecting a small musket ball or 22 shell casing. Thanks for looking!

Found this pic is from the George Washington items collection. So the button is most likely revolutionary war period.

Second image should say July 28.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Very cool. Awesome relics like that aren't found anywhere near where I live, so it may seem out of place for me to even add my opinion, but I'd consider it "patriotic" rather than "military".
 
Thanks jewelerguy Nice to think it's GW holding his sword. But patriotic subjects was very much "in" and probably closer to the mark. I'm just lucky to live in a area full of early stuff. There is a water mill 2 minutes from my house built in 1628. You never know what your going to find.
 
Hello Members.
Been a while since I posted any new finds. I finally have a number of recent items to display. But will do that in a new link soon. I posted this cuff link to see if anyone has found this cuff link? I found it a site that has been a good source of late 1780's to 1820's military buttons and coins. This one surprised me LOL. Is this my first Pirate cufflink? Both buttons are in great shape. Have only done a soap and water wash. Rang a 20 on my Minelab 900. Was expecting a small musket ball or 22 shell casing. Thanks for looking!

Found this pic is from the George Washington items collection. So the button is most likely revolutionary war period.

Second image should say July 28.
Yikes! That is a fantastic, old cufflink! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom