What's new

17% SILVER!!! WOW!!

Coinkid

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
355
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sarasota, FL
Well, Today was a great day. I had gone to the bank I actually bank with on Tuesday and while I was there, I met a woman who was filling in for the usual lady. I'm sure glad I met her! Turns out, she is the auditor for all of the local Everbanks in Jacksonville. She told me that at a certain branch, I would be able to find 8 dollars in silver quarters, as well as John Adams dollars, in which I was looking for matte edge lettering.....Anyways, I went there today after school and when I get there, I find out that another teller actually SOLD my quarters earlier in the morning.... I was thinking that I just schlepped myself ALL the way to this bank (15 minutes away from my school, 45 minutes from my house) just to get nothing.

But wait! There's more! I ask my auditor friend if she has any halves.... She had 3 rolls, and I opened one. 3 40% silvers were inside. I ask her if she could find out if the other tellers have any more halves. It turns out 1 teller has $630 worth! I buy all of it and take it home, and wow. The auditor had told me lots of elderly people brought their coinage to this specific bank and she WASN'T lying! Here are my totals:

Out of $660...

40%-217
90%-7

40% breakdown

1965- 10
1966- 19
1967- 63
1968D- 78
1969D- 47


90% breakdown

1958D(Franklin)- 1
1964- 5
1964D- 1

Oh, and I brought my new friend a big tin of cookies and my phone number to keep her my friend =)
 
Upvote 0
Those are fantastic totals!! Congratulations and keep that Bank on your regular schedule.
 
Oh my.....very very nice pickup NS. That is quite a load there......congratulations on that one!!!

With a hit like that...it kind of makes you forget about the quarters...lol.....not really though huh.

Again....very nice pickup!!
 
Congrats, awesome find there. I'm gonna try to find me a 'friend' like that, thanks for sharing. HH Mark
 
mucho kudos there NS !

Most excellent.

Nice touch with the tin of cookies (and phone number) Nice begets nice.
 
Nice Score!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom