sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Three stories I haven't touched:

1. LUE

2. Beale Ciphers

3. Nazi POW Camp Loot in Arizona. (don't know why, just never really got into it)

Mike

Yeah, well, here's some more Four Corners weirdness (if Mexican gold cartels and Nazi agents aren't enough). Remember those unusual New Mexico treasure/UFO connections? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/victorio-peak/440556-willie-l-douthit.html#post4790848 It's been widely reported over the years. All kidding aside, what is behind all this stuff? Complex web of hoaxers? Government black ops? ¿Quien sabe? Look at this:

OK. 1948 ... "Hart Canyon", near Aztec, NM ... "a landing on a mesa" ... "a recovery of 16 bodies" ... an early 1950s coverup. Hush, hush.

Sounds similar to the "16 (or 17) Tons of Gold" story. That legend also surfaced in the late 1940s. There is no hard evidence (only hearsay and "testimony") for any alleged activities dating back to the 1930s. There were mysterious landings on a mesa. 16 tons of gold was hidden. There was a Federal Grand Jury convened in the early 1950s to get to the bottom of things. The jury yielded no tangible results - the main protagonist, Leon Trabuco, did not testify. Lots of coincidences.

Factoid: "Hart Canyon" was apparently not named until the UFO incident. No historical mention that I've found. No mention in New Mexico Place Names. Does not appear on any maps I've found until the USGS quad, "AZTEC, NEW MEXICO, PROVISIONAL EDITION 1985 036107-G8-TF-024". Another factoid: Charley Hart, aka William Clark Quantrill - real identity Colonel Elbert DeWitt Travis - was a very prominent KGC/OAK operative back in the day. Another coincidence. Just sayin'.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This German guy was presumably over near Page somewhere, I guess. Regarding the LUE - don't feel bad, nobody can speak intelligently about it.
Hi Steve,
Got any clue about which side of the river this cave is supposed to be?

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your friends story is just weird enough to interest me .by all means my side of the river would be more fun ,it has to be there !!!!! (Just Kidding .)
OK
We shall call it the search for the old German generator cave .lol I wonder where he got his info? Thirty years ago i could have asked around about that story but I'm afraid all the old timers over home have passed on.

East of the river is mostly reservation, northish would be under water ,or maybe 50 mile mt/.kaparowitts country, the rest of it is national monuments , parks ,rec areas and such.

Before they built the dam that country was pretty remote to say the least!
I've heard some tales of weirdnesses going on out in the sand hills back in the day.
Something about cabled equipment going off the edge of the big canyon.
I still don't known what that was all about .maybe they were hauling the bat poop.lol
It's sad but even a old generator could end up with feller in silver bracelets if found ,antiquities act and all.

Last edited:

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone said Trabuco flew over the site annually and could recognize the fact no one had touched his gold. Let's say he could see it from the plane that it was untouched. If someone had gotten into it, could the reason be that he knew no one had touched it because it was booby trapped. If it was booby trapped, what and how could he have booby trapped it so that it would last a lot of years. We are going on somewhere around 80 years that gold may have laid there. What kind of booby trap would still work after 80 years. Lets say it is out in an open area and not next to a cliff that would fall on you.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ecominer,

No need for Trabuco to fly over anything. They leased a ranch at Conger Mesa. That is where the old landing strip is, and the gold was there until about 1951. The ranch caretaker died in about 1986.

Mike

Demi

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the gold has been found then back in 1951 when it was moved and sold? Interesting story. I live in Albuquerque so always love hearing about stories from the area!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PROBABLY 14 TONS of NAZI GOLD buried in New Mexico by Nazi Loyalists; "connected" to the Lue Treasure Map. Nazi Loyalists WERE in Mexico... FBI released the Lue Treasure Map (looks like a Nazi SS map). JA...?

gold thread

Greenie
Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if Ed Foster has family still looking for the Leon Trabuco treasure or did the hunt die with him?

gold thread

Greenie
Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again... I'm still researching the Leon Trabuco story. Does anyone know if he went by any other name? I have reason to believe that he may have had other names. Any ideas?

Thanks y'all!

Legacy X

Aug 11, 2021
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Steve,

I can confirm a good bit of that. Two names were screwed up though: Rafael Artaga is really Rafael Arteaga and Profesor Morado is actually a Mexican Economist named Profesor Hilario Y Morada (or maybe Morado).

Bill Elliott is actually Red Mosher. No Stearman Airplanes, but Mosher flew a Ford Trimotor.

I believe the people I know were likely one of the two "California Groups" mentioned.

The mention of the Indian Reservation is neat, because one of my documents has a statement that to find the original hiding spot, they may have to access part of the Ute Reservation.

Mike
I saw a post from 2006 mentioning the 5 bars left out there for directions. I’ve seen plenty of your posts and you seem well versed in multiple treasure stories. Did that turn out to be true?

Tanneyhill

Mar 5, 2023
Had the U.S. purchased the German Gold, we probably wouldn't have been able to defend ourselves or participate against Germany. The Germans could have won the war which would have changed history.
Curious of the mechanics of how the US economy would have been ruined had the US purchased the German Gold? At that time all gold produced by mining or smelting was sold to the privately owned Federal Reserve in exchange for paper fiat. Unsure of how Germany selling large amounts of Gold to the US would have ruined America's economy and its war effort.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious of the mechanics of how the US economy would have been ruined had the US purchased the German Gold? At that time all gold produced by mining or smelting was sold to the privately owned Federal Reserve in exchange for paper fiat. Unsure of how Germany selling large amounts of Gold to the US would have ruined America's economy and its war effort.
I didn't understand that part either. The guy who sent me that email augmented his theories with unsubstantiated ideas. There are a boatload of treasure/Spanish/ancients/etc allegations with connections to Utah - now we can add the Nazis and the LUE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread