What's new

1700's cannon balls from Governor Dummer's War

How Lucky

Full Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2015
Messages
244
Reaction score
907
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
canon ball 6.webpcanon ball 10.webpcanon ball 11.webpcanon ball 3.webpFound two cannonballs today. When I get them cleaned up I'll post the pictures.
I believe the cannonballs are from a major engagement between the English and the Wabanaki Confederacy in the Governor Dummer's War. They measure 2 3/4". I hope to find more and other artifacts. I will post when I do.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 34
Here they are after cleaning. I also have a piece of shrapnel.

can1.webpcan2.webpcan3.webpcan4.webp
 
outstanding.gif
Ya did great - looking forward to your other finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Congratualtions on the historic relic finds! :occasion14:
 
Wow, I wouldn't want to get hit by any of those.
Congrats on your finds
 
thats some really cool finds!
 
If I might ask, how did you clean them?
 
Just a wire wheel.

Went back today and found more shrapnel and a few other items. Can5.webpCan6.webp1905 Dime  1.webp1905 Dime 2.webpchange.webp
 
Love em! Electrolysis candidates for sure.
 
CanOct6 -- 2016.webpMore shrapnel found yesterday. Three that are parts of a cannonball and three possibles. The two smaller on the left have the curvature of the ball. The three on the right may have broken away from the interior of the sphere.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom