What's new

1700s Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
4,741
Reaction score
295
Golden Thread
13
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
13
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Well came down from the high of my South Carolina hunt and got back out to my old Virginia haunts and scored some nice finds today and Friday. We're (me and Jeff)

working a new area with several campsites and have been digging all the stuff associated with them. Not only is it an area that was used during the Civil War era but

HEAVILY used during the colonial days. Scored a nice kepi Eagle "I" when we first went to the new area we were looking at. Also a Nice large cent... On Friday, I was

hunting and got a nice Silver signal, dug down, popped the plug and saw a nice silver edge sticking out! We've just begun to scratch the surface of this area we are in.....

So here's the video and finds without further adieu:










Fresh from the pouch:


P1011511.webp




Phillip V of Spain Cut Pistareen

P1011540.webp

P1011542ed.webp



1835 Matron Head Large Cent

P1011529.webp




1864 2 Cent
(Yes my friends, even once in a VERY rare blue moon, I get a target that pinpoints so utterly terrible, that I nick it. For those of you who've dug one of these you know what I'm talking about. It was about 10 inches deep and pinpointed way off center... I hate that it happened but it is what it is.)

P1011513.webp

P1011515.webp

P1011518.webp




Colonial Buckles (Silver Thimble and Tombac thrown in)

P1011523.webp




1893 Columbian Worlds Exposition Medal

P1011522.webp


Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks-July 1905 Grand Lodge Reunion Medal

P1011521.webp

10 in Trade Token (Found amongst the Eagle A's and other campsite items)

P1011536.webp



Haven't figured this one out yet. At first I thought a butt plate but it has an attachment point on the back like you find on a cape pin, possibly a trigger guard to an unknown musket/rifle

P1011524.webp

More Pictures Below
 
Upvote 2
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Cont.'d


P1011525.webp

Both Guards

My Pictures 395.webp


Buttons and Coins (Including an iron back Eagle Infantry Kepi Button, N.H.D.V.S, Silver Flower Button, etc.)

P1011526.webp



Pewter/Lead Horse Head

P1011544.webp

P1011545.webp


Group Shot (Silver Spoon in bottom left...uncleaned)


P1011532.webp

P1011531.webp


Pistareen and 2 Center

P1011543.webp
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

nice vid and Awesome finds Congratulations!!
TTH
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Looks like you got into some good stuff. Congrats on all your great finds.
Dman
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Looks good Josh!!! Hopefully, the new site will produce for a while (until we get out there-LOL). The butt plate/Cape pin type brass piece looks likw a trigger guard from a pre CW rifle to me but I'm not a Colonial or CW relic expert. HH, Quindy.
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Nice hunt, way to go on the Pistareen and Two Cent. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

another day in the life of the sentinel :headbang:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

VOL1266-X said:
Looks good Josh!!! Hopefully, the new site will produce for a while (until we get out there-LOL). The butt plate/Cape pin type brass piece looks likw a trigger guard from a pre CW rifle to me but I'm not a Colonial or CW relic expert. HH, Quindy.

Yes Quin, I was thinking the same that it could be a trigger guard, but admitted, if so, it's one that I haven't dug before
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

CRUSADER said:
another day in the life of the sentinel :headbang:

:wink: ;D :wink: :headbang:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Josh, the more I look at that brass piece, it may very well be a broken patchbox cover that went into the stock on a rifle made by a 1700/1800s gunsmith. Think of it in that context. It's just not as wide as most patchbox covers. Just guessing. Is a pistareen like a privvy-LOL? If your Fall hunting season is anything like your summer hunts, you'll need oxygen. HH, Quindy.
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

VOL1266-X said:
Josh, the more I look at that brass piece, it may very well be a broken patchbox cover that went into the stock on a rifle made by a 1700/1800s gunsmith. Think of it in that context. It's just not as wide as most patchbox covers. Just guessing. Is a pistareen like a privvy-LOL? If your Fall hunting season is anything like your summer hunts, you'll need oxygen. HH, Quindy.

LOL...Latrine...Pistareen....Privy :icon_scratch: ;D

Yeah, could be a patchbox, was thinking about that too but usually they are wider like you said...but the variation could be due to a obscure musket...


Sheet, it was SO HUMID today I just about DID NEED OXYGEN ;D ;D ;D We did about 4 hours this morning and it rained hard in the pre-dawn hours, so all that rain mixed with 90s made the Humidity BONE CRUSHING and the head alittle :happy2: at times today! :D :wink:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Hey, Josh, you are on the Colonial move again and I am happy to see you striking cut silver. :icon_thumleft: On my day off, I will drink a Honeymoon to this great post. :occasion14:

Those shoe buckles and spur buckle have my Colonial blood pumping. :thumbsup:

Kirk
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Nice finds...I think the piece of your trigger assembly is Colonial period.
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Kirk PA said:
Hey, Josh, you are on the Colonial move again and I am happy to see you striking cut silver. :icon_thumleft: On my day off, I will drink a Honeymoon to this great post. :occasion14:

Those shoe buckles and spur buckle have my Colonial blood pumping. :thumbsup:

Kirk

Yes, I was right, I THOUGHT that those Colonial buckles would get your blood moving ;D :wink: Enjoy the Honeymoon both literally and figuratively my friend! And please, drink one for me! :occasion14:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Wow nice digs my friend. That Spanish is sweet. But what a great bunch of relics. You have got a few hundred years covered. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Josh you have finds I can only hope to someday find myself. congrats. GREAT Hunt! lots of cool stuff
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Nice digs Josh :icon_thumleft: Looking forward to getting back out tomorrow :headbang:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Well done Josh. It would be nice if I would find a cut piece but it seems that they did not need to cut silver pieces around here to make change with. A plentiful amount of coppers were to be found.
Chris
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

mainer said:
Wow nice digs my friend. That Spanish is sweet. But what a great bunch of relics. You have got a few hundred years covered. :thumbsup:
:icon_thumleft: :wink:


cntrydncr1 said:
Josh you have finds I can only hope to someday find myself. congrats. GREAT Hunt! lots of cool stuff

You'll find them, its just a matter of time Deb! :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Wow , such a massively interesting and varied group of finds ! Argentium.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom