What's new

1700s Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
4,741
Reaction score
295
Golden Thread
13
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
13
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Well came down from the high of my South Carolina hunt and got back out to my old Virginia haunts and scored some nice finds today and Friday. We're (me and Jeff)

working a new area with several campsites and have been digging all the stuff associated with them. Not only is it an area that was used during the Civil War era but

HEAVILY used during the colonial days. Scored a nice kepi Eagle "I" when we first went to the new area we were looking at. Also a Nice large cent... On Friday, I was

hunting and got a nice Silver signal, dug down, popped the plug and saw a nice silver edge sticking out! We've just begun to scratch the surface of this area we are in.....

So here's the video and finds without further adieu:










Fresh from the pouch:


P1011511.webp




Phillip V of Spain Cut Pistareen

P1011540.webp

P1011542ed.webp



1835 Matron Head Large Cent

P1011529.webp




1864 2 Cent
(Yes my friends, even once in a VERY rare blue moon, I get a target that pinpoints so utterly terrible, that I nick it. For those of you who've dug one of these you know what I'm talking about. It was about 10 inches deep and pinpointed way off center... I hate that it happened but it is what it is.)

P1011513.webp

P1011515.webp

P1011518.webp




Colonial Buckles (Silver Thimble and Tombac thrown in)

P1011523.webp




1893 Columbian Worlds Exposition Medal

P1011522.webp


Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks-July 1905 Grand Lodge Reunion Medal

P1011521.webp

10 in Trade Token (Found amongst the Eagle A's and other campsite items)

P1011536.webp



Haven't figured this one out yet. At first I thought a butt plate but it has an attachment point on the back like you find on a cape pin, possibly a trigger guard to an unknown musket/rifle

P1011524.webp

More Pictures Below
 
Upvote 2
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

a little bit of everything in that photo! colonial,civil war and victorian era stuff! sweeet! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
a little bit of everything in that photo! colonial,civil war and victorian era stuff! sweeet! :thumbsup:

Yes. That's the nature of many of these sites around here. A camp that looked good in the colonial days still looked good in the Civil War days so they used the same patches of ground and hence we find both Civil War and Colonial on the same patches of ground. :wink:
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Great finds!!!! Can I expect a post from Jeff, too?

By the way, those buckles you posted up above are some Damned Old ones--figure 8 or "spectacle buckles" if I'm not mistaken. Isn't that a 1600s style?


Cheers,


Buck
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

BuckleBoy said:
Great finds!!!! Can I expect a post from Jeff, too?

By the way, those buckles you posted up above are some Damned Old ones--figure 8 or "spectacle buckles" if I'm not mistaken. Isn't that a 1600s style?


Cheers,


Buck

Indeed! Good eyes Buck, sure is. Dug that at a 1600s Colonial site that I have near Jamestown. Wish the Spectacles would've been whole though ;D :icon_thumleft:

Don't know if Jeff is gonna post or not. He had to work this weekend so didnt do much diggin. Though we did go out today and he got a Largie and some other little

goodies.
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

umrgolf2010 said:
Nice digs Josh :icon_thumleft: Looking forward to getting back out tomorrow :headbang:

Oh yeah, see if we can't nab some more silver!
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Wow, you scored an entire collection in one go :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Just excellent :icon_thumleft: those buckles are fantastic as is the cut Spanish good hunt :thumbsup: it rained here 30 hours :headbang: finally. Nice video also Dd60
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

:hello:

Josh...... you are the Colonial King of the US :icon_king: everbody else is playing catch up now :headbang: stunning finds again :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

I'm amazed at all of your posts. Keep them coming. I'm like you, I love to dig relics. Congrats.
 
Re: Phillip the V Cut Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

A camp that looked good in the colonial days still looked good in the Civil War days so they used the same patches of ground and hence we find both Civil War and Colonial on the same patches of ground. :wink:
Can't get too much better than that , colonial and Civil War :o great array of finds , pizzareen , 2 center , eagles ..amazing :headbang: J-Team is still tearin' it up :laughing7:
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Sweet 2 center, I just dug one myself :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Alway's enjoy what the J team has to show next.Great find's as alway's Josh....Still waiting on my first piece of cut silver.Nice job guy's :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

civilman1 said:
Alway's enjoy what the J team has to show next.Great find's as alway's Josh....Still waiting on my first piece of cut silver.Nice job guy's :icon_thumright:

We dug more tonight! :icon_thumleft: And some nice buttons. Post should be up in alittle while :wink:
 
Re: 1700's Phillip the V Cut Spanish Pistareen and 1864 Two Cent

Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Josh...... you are the Colonial King of the US :icon_king: everbody else is playing catch up now :headbang: stunning finds again :icon_thumleft:

SS
8) Thanks Colin :occasion14:


Dixiedigger said:
I'm amazed at all of your posts. Keep them coming. I'm like you, I love to dig relics. Congrats.

That's it...that's the key! Colonial or Civil War, I dig them both with equal vigor!! :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom