What's new

1715 beaches --- any recent good luck stories???

spyguy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
239
Reaction score
491
Golden Thread
0
It's been on my "bucket list" to drive across the coast to the Sebastian inlet etc for years. You heard alot about finds from there after the hurricanes in '04 & '05. Not so much as of the last several years, or maybe I'm not looking in the right places here on t-net...? Just wondering if anyone out there has made any beach finds recently or heard any good stories??? Last I heard, and this was years back is that there's now security cameras all over the place there, parking is a real problem & several tons of fill sand on the beaches years back made recoveries for us beach combing detectorists a whole lot fewer and further between.
Any rebuttals or contrary information would be appreciated........
HH
-spyguy
 
My guess is that if anyone did, they kept their mouth's shut :laughing7:
 
The only good luck story I can think of is, good luck getting someone to tell. :laughing7:
 
Spyguy- Over time I have found that most detectorists are sorta like old fur trappers......very unwilling to help someone else out with info about locations and such. I find this to be somewhat odd since most will tell you that they want to promote the hobby......but evidently not enough to put actions behind their words. Seems rather sad to me, but it seems to be the nature of the game. JMHO
 
stagger said:
Spyguy- Over time I have found that most detectorists are sorta like old fur trappers......very unwilling to help someone else out with info about locations and such. I find this to be somewhat odd since most will tell you that they want to promote the hobby......but evidently not enough to put actions behind their words. Seems rather sad to me, but it seems to be the nature of the game. JMHO

With me it depends on what i'm finding, If I find a park and I'm finding old coins I will let people know. If I find a long lost beach and digging up gold rings and spannish reales I'm going to keep my mouth shut till I work that area over good for a couple of years. I don't know if you fish but I'm the same way with my fishing holes. I had a good spot to go and catch northern pike and I showed a friend one day and we both caught our limit in a couple of hours. Well he wen't and told one of his other friends and he told everyone he new. One day I went down there and there had to have been 20 people fishing there. So now I just tell my dad or my brothers and that's it.
 
Not only that, but it's been shown over and over that if a treasure hunter strikes it big, and people find out, someone shows up wanting a cut, or maybe even trying to take it all..... People have learned the hard way to keep quiet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom