1718 Irish Coin Weight & Cuff Links Still Connected & Thimble & Leather Ornamental

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin weight is incredible, when people find them makes me wounder what that was doing in a field?? Did they pay for the crops, was it some kind of general store. .
Thats a great find CP..

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
CP you keep kicking arse! Nice saves. I'm loving the coin weight and would never have guessed what it was. Amazing history at that site

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Site of the year!
When it's all said and done (years from now) site of the century!
Wishful thinking on my part, another solid hunt just the same

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Site of the year!
When it's all said and done (years from now) site of the century!
Wishful thinking on my part, another solid hunt just the same

It really is. Needs a plow - or better yet, a Bobcat. I'm working on that. Got a year to work it out but next Feb 1st I'd like to be pulling a Bobcat down that dirt lane.

There are things no one here has seen yet. When the season is over and I get it all cleaned I am going to make a short video with all the finds. Some stuff remains on the table still caked in dirt.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
It really is. Needs a plow - or better yet, a Bobcat. I'm working on that. Got a year to work it out but next Feb 1st I'd like to be pulling a Bobcat down that dirt lane.

There are things no one here has seen yet. When the season is over and I get it all cleaned I am going to make a short video with all the finds. Some stuff remains on the table still caked in dirt.

The entire mass of finds from that one site will be so impressive to see all at once in one place, and it isn't over yet.....

I've always said , the plough is your friend, it turns an old site into a new one, even if it is just for a day it makes it interesting again!

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find- congratulations!- that's rare. Voted !

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-image-19272422.jpg

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great finds CP! That is a stout loop on those cufflinks! You have accumulated quite a collection of leather ornaments from this site. As long as you're still getting those small lead and pewter pieces you have the chance to dig a nice button, cufflink or small silver coin.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
The entire mass of finds from that one site will be so impressive to see all at once in one place, and it isn't over yet.....

I've always said , the plough is your friend, it turns an old site into a new one, even if it is just for a day it makes it interesting again!

Due to the practice of no-till planting, fields down this way are almost never turned over. This is related to the Chesapeake Bay Act, and I'm sure this is the case with CP's site as well since I'm sure it's also in the bay's watershed. For more info on this practice you can click on the link below. So the bobcat might be the only way to stir things up assuming the farmer is OK with it. Hope you can make that happen CP.

Turning Over to No-till - Chesapeake Bay Program

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin weight!! Very nice cuffs too still havnt found a set. HH!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Due to the practice of no-till planting, fields down this way are almost never turned over. This is related to the Chesapeake Bay Act, and I'm sure this is the case with CP's site as well since I'm sure it's also in the bay's watershed. For more info on this practice you can click on the link below. So the bobcat might be the only way to stir things up assuming the farmer is OK with it. Hope you can make that happen CP.

Turning Over to No-till - Chesapeake Bay Program

I am aware of these practices; there are similar in the area I live related to water courses such as rivers and streams adjacent to agricultural land.

Although deep ploughing my not take place, discing the fields will still have some limited results; it's been my experience that items masked by bits of iron and targets on edge can be found even when minimum tilling takes place.
I'm sure if he nails down the trash pits and cellar holes a bobcat would be the tool of choice in his bag for maximum results

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I am aware of these practices; there are similar in the area I live related to water courses such as rivers and streams adjacent to agricultural land.

Although deep ploughing my not take place, discing the fields will still have some limited results; it's been my experience that items masked by bits of iron and targets on edge can be found even when minimum tilling takes place.
I'm sure if he nails down the trash pits and cellar holes a bobcat would be the tool of choice in his bag for maximum results

I agree, but they rarely disc the fields here either. Too bad as all it takes it a slight movement to the dirt to reveal new targets, particularly in heavy iron patches. A bobcat or backhoe would be great, but care must be taken so as to not damage any features or artifacts in the process.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice CP. The cuff link is very sweet... as is the weight. As usual, good show! GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread