nova Hero Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 926 Reaction score 91 Golden Thread 0 Location Utah Detector(s) used Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 23, 2009 #1 Hi folks, I found this coin and have no idea what it is. You can see a date of 1739 on the back; any help identifying would be appreciated. I will shrink the size just noticed. Thanks. Attachments 1739 coin 001.webp 16.5 KB · Views: 503 1739 coin.webp 12.6 KB · Views: 443
Hi folks, I found this coin and have no idea what it is. You can see a date of 1739 on the back; any help identifying would be appreciated. I will shrink the size just noticed. Thanks.
RPG Bronze Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 2,205 Reaction score 93 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero Oct 23, 2009 #2 That's a beautiful colonial coppa. I don't know alot about them but I'm reading george II. Upvote 0
nova Hero Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 926 Reaction score 91 Golden Thread 0 Location Utah Detector(s) used Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 23, 2009 Thread Owner #3 RPG said: That's a beautiful colonial coppa. I don't know alot about them but I'm reading george II. Click to expand... Thanks RPG Thats it. I just checked Ebay there is another like it. Thanks again. Upvote 0
RPG said: That's a beautiful colonial coppa. I don't know alot about them but I'm reading george II. Click to expand... Thanks RPG Thats it. I just checked Ebay there is another like it. Thanks again.
traderoftreasures Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2009 Messages 2,211 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location central, Illinois Detector(s) used white's spectrum VX3 Oct 23, 2009 #4 that a georgius II rex half penny.....http://www.treasurerealm.com/coinpapers/england/Ae_George_II.html Attachments halfpenny.webp 93.1 KB · Views: 504 Upvote 0
that a georgius II rex half penny.....http://www.treasurerealm.com/coinpapers/england/Ae_George_II.html
RPG Bronze Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 2,205 Reaction score 93 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero Oct 23, 2009 #5 There are some guys on here that know alot more about them than I do. They will ID it for you. I'm thinking half penny? Can you post the size? Great find. Upvote 0
There are some guys on here that know alot more about them than I do. They will ID it for you. I'm thinking half penny? Can you post the size? Great find.
RPG Bronze Member Joined Jan 10, 2009 Messages 2,205 Reaction score 93 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero Oct 23, 2009 #6 Good ID Trader. I was going from memory. You hit the nail on the head. Upvote 0
traderoftreasures Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2009 Messages 2,211 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location central, Illinois Detector(s) used white's spectrum VX3 Oct 24, 2009 #7 i just happen to be on that page when i saw this item come up. coin incedence Upvote 0