What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help identifying two items made from pewter.

Alan Payne

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2018
Messages
165
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Location
Interlachen, Fl
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350 Garrett ; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these items some time ago. They look like jewelry pieces or the tops of utensils. Could they be native or traded to natives. I’ve seen Brad Martin find one in Vermont no others. Can anybody identify these items. Any help is much appreciated. Items are about two inches long, half inch wide.
 

Attachments

  • Resized_20260531_131517.webp
    Resized_20260531_131517.webp
    426.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Resized_20260531_131526.webp
    Resized_20260531_131526.webp
    355 KB · Views: 67
They do look like the tops of some utensils that have broken off.
 
Upvote 0
I did a quick search for tinklers made from spoon handles. It sounds possible those could have been a trade item modified into tinklers or pendants. Someone will comment on the pattern. Cool find.
 
Upvote 0
I'd guess someone somehow acquired at least a pair of eating utensils that eventually were cut, drilled, and turned into jewelry of some type, possibly chimes. Primitive looking artifacts for sure. Good luck on dating them.
 
Upvote 0
I wanted to clear up some things. I didn’t find these two items in the same place. They are very uniform and the two I found in different places are identically the exact same size as the one Brad Martin found in Vermont. His had the same design as well. Thanks for all your comments and attention.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom