1749 KG II and 1773 VA HP Coppers found together on last hunt VIDEO and PHOTO

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I couldn't find my camera so instead I took this short video of my finds. Hopefully I can locate my missing :icon_scratch: >:( camera to give you guys some better closeups. UPDATE--Used my DV to take a photo located below video.

This was an exciting dig. Went down to the Southside of the James and in the first 5 minutes there, I got a deep iron reading and dug it out and when I popped it out, the King George II was underneath it and popped out too. I then dug the 1773 Virginia halfpenny about an hour and a half later. I was happy and is a great way to finish out the year!

Attachments

• PICT1372.JPG
    PICT1372.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 1,201
Upvote 0
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1749 KG II and 1773 VA HP Coppers found together on last hunt VIDEO and PHOT

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Well done Josh. It must be nice to still be able to detect. That's a nice way to finish the year. :headbang:
Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it my friend. You are right, us Southern Virginians tend to get lucky as we are just RIGHT below the freeze line most of the time. If you go just an hour North, many times there's snow and ice and here we get rain

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1749 KG II and 1773 VA HP Coppers found together on last hunt VIDEO and PHOT

Hill Billy said:
WTG on those early coppers. I'm gonna find a 1700's coin one day, just not today have to work.
Might take hunting the NE for that to happen though.

HB

Just make a trip over to Virginia, or possibly even around the Cumberland Gap :wink: :wink:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Georgie looks in good nick :icon_thumright:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Now that is what I call hunting the Colonial beast. :headbang: That King George has some great detail and the patina has a nice essence. I feel a cob is coming for you. :hello2:

Keep the passion high, brother!

Kirk

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're tearing that colonial stuff up Josh.....Great dig's Buddy :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I'm experiencing an extreme case of copper drought disorder, and seeing your two won't help cure me. Great, Sentinel, great!!!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk PA said:
Now that is what I call hunting the Colonial beast. :headbang: That King George has some great detail and the patina has a nice essence. I feel a cob is coming for you. :hello2:

Keep the passion high, brother!

Kirk

You know it! You KNOW that I keep that PASSION High ALWAYS!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Thanks brother!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1 said:
You're tearing that colonial stuff up Josh.....Great dig's Buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks Joe. Yeah, this colonial stuff is harder to find and many times worth more than some of the civil war relics I dig so I WILL TAKE THEM ALL DAY HAHAHA ;D ;D ;D I DO like those shoulder scales that you recently got though. They were nice :icon_thumright:

I'm experiencing an extreme case of copper drought disorder, and seeing your two won't help cure me. Great, Sentinel, great!!!

Thanks Kyle! Yes, I am really happy with them both....they both have a great amount of detail on them :icon_santa: :wink: :wink: :wink:

U

umrgolf

Hey, do you have any close-ups of the Va halfpenny front and back? I've never seen one that was much past identifiable... urs looks to be in decent shape :headbang:

hodge

Mar 9, 2009
Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
Josh,
Awesome job on the two coppers. A BIG congrats! I think I would have p-ssed myself if I got into the 1700's. :wink:
Way to go on a super hunt buddy,
Doug
So did I on reading this, nice one.
And nice coin finds too, well done...

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
Hey, do you have any close-ups of the Va halfpenny front and back? I've never seen one that was much past identifiable... urs looks to be in decent shape :headbang:

I can't get any closeups because my main camera went missing :dontknow: :dontknow: I think my wife misplaced it....but I can tell you that it is in very good shape to be dug.

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
Nice finds Josh- We need to get together to hunt sometime. Either here (Fluvanna) or there! Hope to see you at DIV.

-Gary

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sqzdog said:
Nice finds Josh- We need to get together to hunt sometime. Either here (Fluvanna) or there! Hope to see you at DIV.

-Gary

Thanks Gary, Josh told me about one of y'alls last hunts: it sounded like y'all did pretty good too!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senti! 8) Wow, what a hunt! :icon_pirat: Don't think I'll be finding those in Bama. :tongue3: But it's sure nice to see you diggin' em! :icon_thumright:

Way to go! Nana

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana40 said:
Senti! 8) Wow, what a hunt! :icon_pirat: Don't think I'll be finding those in Bama. :tongue3: But it's sure nice to see you diggin' em! :icon_thumright:

Way to go! Nana

Thanks Nana, you're the best :wink:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1749 and 1773 Coppers found together on last hunt

civil war hunter said:
Is everyone here named Jeff? How many are here?

{Sentinel} said:
umrgolf2000 said:
nice coppers :icon_thumleft: job well done :hello2:

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it :icon_thumleft: :wink:

No, Im actually Josh or Jay ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions