What's new

1756 mill site

Whatdayagot

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2015
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this at a 1756 mill site I have no idea what it was thinking a cane handle has a glass ball attached with iron set like a diamond ring 50CF4BA4-0AEE-4984-94AF-46ED6F23A557.webpADF972A2-1B76-4886-A406-3AD04189939E.webp35563E4A-9DBF-4565-AFF3-4C1636FC752B.webpD1E868BE-498F-4478-A32A-CB3112B69933.webp6A963F33-94B6-4C6B-9A76-C93D7E7A285D.webp
 
Well now... that is definitely "odd".

Almost looks like a handblown glass tobacco pipe... but the metal throws that way off.
 
Upvote 0
I?m thinking more a stool type chair.
 
Upvote 0
Yep. Foot of a piano stool (claw gripping a glass ball). We had one like that at my childhood house
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the great Id much aporeciated
 
Upvote 0
It?s a bottom tallon leg for a table or chair gripping a glass ball.

exactly that, just brought home such a table the other day, will take a pic if I remember.
 
Upvote 0
Do you need a matching set? I’ve had this one laying around the garage for about 20 years. I figured I’d make a cane topper out of it when I get old and broke down.
 

Attachments

  • 9694201F-0DE5-4C86-B14A-AA6C765A2E65.webp
    9694201F-0DE5-4C86-B14A-AA6C765A2E65.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great ID, everybody!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom