1776-1976 Quarter

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
My 12 year old loves loves loves this quarter & has begun to scoop them up when we come across them in our pocket change. This is one of the two she has thus far. Curious if they have any "extra" value other then being pretty gosh gum cool ;D

What should she look for/at when she comes across one.

Thank You so much for looking & giving us any & all suggestions & advice!
:D

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9,975
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 8,313
OP
OP
bogeymcq

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
. . . . and this would be her second quarter . . .

Sorry about the pixs not being the grandest of grand . . . we try to scan them but :dontknow:

Thank You again :D

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14,434
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11,919

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bogey,
Suggestion: Buy your daughter a Quarter Album from your local coin dealer. Encourage and assist her in learning about the coin. Be prepared to let go of your own pocket change quarters in favor of her collection. For special occassions, you may wish to buy a rarer quarter from the coin dealer. Actually, you might buy a slightly rare quarter from the dealer now and ask that him to 'throw in' a Quarter Album for free.
Your child is at the age where keeping the bond between you both is very important. Coin collecting WITH your daughter helps keep that bond tight.
Don.....

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Mackaydon said:
Bogey,
Suggestion: Buy your daughter a Quarter Album from your local coin dealer. Encourage and assist her in learning about the coin. Be prepared to let go of your own pocket change quarters in favor of her collection. For special occassions, you may wish to buy a rarer quarter from the coin dealer. Actually, you might buy a slightly rare quarter from the dealer now and ask that him to 'throw in' a Quarter Album for free.
Your child is at the age where keeping the bond between you both is very important. Coin collecting WITH your daughter helps keep that bond tight.
Don.....

+1 And since the bicentennial is her favorite (so far), then you might want to consider buying the silver bicentennial for her as a stocking stuffer.

OP
OP
bogeymcq

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
:icon_thumright: Mackaydon & Diver_Down :icon_thumleft:

Thank You Thank You for some awesomely brillant ideas ;D Lovin' 'em!

Her birthday is actually Dec. 13th so this would work out perfectly with Christmas following shortly after that!

So true about bonding with the coins . . . I recall going through my Daddy's change ( always loved the Wheat Pennies ) & slipping some for my "collection" . . . sadly when I collected them to keep them safe I wrapped them up in masking tape :-[ So her learning now how to keep them safe & nice is a good thing :laughing7:

Thank You again :D

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Nice job getting your daughter interested in coins. :icon_thumleft:

One thing you can point out to her now concerning her 2 quarters is that the first pictured quarter was minted in Philadelphia (no mint mark behind Washington's neck) and the second pictured quarter was minted in Denver because it has a "D" mintmark behind the neck. :)

HH all!

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions