What's new

1776 coin in $100 nickel box

sathmcnugent

Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I purchased a 100 dollars in nickles yesterday..the box was quite crappy..I gota 1945 s war nickel a 1998 commonwealth of the bahamas nickel and the stranges one of all was a brass colored coin the reads 1776 with the liberty bell between the 17 and the 76..on the back of the coin it has an eagle looking left...I never saw such a thing and I highly doubt it is an authentic coin because it has too great of detail for a coin of that age..sorry I have no pictures yet..I'll post some soon if anyone wants to see it
 
Upvote 0
sathmcnugent said:
I purchased a 100 dollars in nickles yesterday..the box was quite crappy..I gota 1945 s war nickel a 1998 commonwealth of the bahamas nickel and the stranges one of all was a brass colored coin the reads 1776 with the liberty bell between the 17 and the 76..on the back of the coin it has an eagle looking left...I never saw such a thing and I highly doubt it is an authentic coin because it has too great of detail for a coin of that age..sorry I have no pictures yet..I'll post some soon if anyone wants to see it


Some type of commemorative I bet.

Jim
 
I've gotten that before, I think it was from the American History Channel (or something similar to that).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom